made in the USA?

iowa labs

I bought my benelli sbe2 when they first came out. A relative gave me a hard time for it not being US made. I told him I didn't buy it because it was cheaper. I bought it because it was the best (in my opinion). Is that the rite way to look at it or should we look harder at US made fire arms?:cheers:

Some people have a hard time accepting the fact that "made in the USA" doesn't always equal "made better".

I try to buy American made as often as I can, but when it comes to something as important as a firearm, I am buying what I feel is the best available. Besides my collection of AR15s and my old 870, I don't think I have one long gun in the safe that is made in the USA. My shotguns come from Italy, and my rifles comes from Finland.

I am stubborn.. I just will not spend money on firearms made outside the US..that is just me.. I certainly do not judge others who do though. A beretta is a fine gun and some of the best firearms made are made in other countries. I just will never be in the field without a Remington...made here..and for pistols..Smith is all I will carry as well. Call me old fashioned (im only 28).
:cheers:

i had a very hard time trying to explain to a poor moron at my work that browning guns are not made in the usa. some people just cant acept it that most everything is in some way made in other countrys. chevy is outsoursed to 13 different countries same with ford and dodge isnt even american owned anymore. but yet the toyota tundra and tacoma, the parts are made in japan and both trucks are assembled here. the real funny thing was about mr. american made at my work was every peice of clothing on his body was made in china!:thumbsup:

i had a very hard time trying to explain to a poor moron at my work that browning guns are not made in the usa. some people just cant acept it that most everything is in some way made in other countrys. chevy is outsoursed to 13 different countries same with ford and dodge isnt even american owned anymore. but yet the toyota tundra and tacoma, the parts are made in japan and both trucks are assembled here. the real funny thing was about mr. american made at my work was every peice of clothing on his body was made in china!:thumbsup:

It is really tough to purchase some items such as clothing and electronics that are made in america. Sad really.

Italians

The Italians, the Japanese, make quality firearms. My brother aka The "ditch commander" makes similar comments. I've found it easier to site that these guns fit me better, and confuse him more by ranting on about obscure shotgun nomenclature jargon. Then I mount the gun several times at an invisible target and end the show by saying " Ogni pazzo vuol dar consiglio,damn right!" Usually he'll leave me alone after that. Every fool is ready with advice is the translation.

Some people have a hard time accepting the fact that "made in the USA" doesn't always equal "made better".

I try to buy American made as often as I can, but when it comes to something as important as a firearm, I am buying what I feel is the best available. Besides my collection of AR15s and my old 870, I don't think I have one long gun in the safe that is made in the USA. My shotguns come from Italy, and my rifles comes from Finland.

You should look into Kimber Rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Made right here in the good old USA. Fine quality thats hard to beat.

I own several shotguns made in Italy, that I would never think about getting rid of, ever. You get what you pay for most of the time.:cheers:

You should look into Kimber Rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Made right here in the good old USA. Fine quality thats hard to beat.

I own several shotguns made in Italy hat I would never think about getting rid of, ever. You get what you pay for most of the time.:cheers:

I have a kimber in the safe, but it is of the 1911 variety. It is tough to find the rifles to look at.

I feel like I'm chasing HolyMoses around this site:) I have two benelli sbe2's in my house. It's about what fits right and is reliable. If someone wanted to give me guff about what I shoot they would be more than welcome to buy me what they want me to shoot!

I feel like I'm chasing HolyMoses around this site:) I have two benelli sbe2's in my house. It's about what fits right and is reliable. If someone wanted to give me guff about what I shoot they would be more than welcome to buy me what they want me to shoot!

Lol! :cheers:

I have a kimber in the safe, but it is of the 1911 variety. It is tough to find the rifles to look at.

I have two Kimber rifles in my safe. Why are you, finding them hard to find? They are made in NY, and you are a lot closer, to NY than me. Maybe it's because you don't have a cabs or Bass pro near you. Thier custom shop is great they are nail drivers.:cheers:

I only have 1:confused: sbe2 and it's the 1st of the model. If I ever were it out i'll buy another:thumbsup:. :cheers:

I have two Kimber rifles in my safe. Why are you, finding them hard to find? They are made in NY, and you are a lot closer, to NY than me. Maybe it's because you don't have a cabs or Bass pro near you. Thier custom shop is great they are nail drivers.:cheers:

Because every time I have been rifle shopping, they didn't have what I was looking for. Just seems to me that not many places stock a bunch of kimber rifles? I have a cabelas around, but I don't really like buying firearms there.

I only have 1:confused: sbe2 and it's the 1st of the model. If I ever were it out i'll buy another:thumbsup:. :cheers:

I've got a RH for me and a LH for my son.....my uncle "had" the original sbe, he shot trap, sporting clays and hunts every bird from turkeys-timber doodles and never had a failure. Someone thought they needed it more than he did and stole it out of his truck. He replaced it with a sbe2 after shooting every 3.5" auto he could get his hands on. I have a sp10 that has never failed, a sx2 that's never fired more than one shell in a row without jamming, 2 11-87's one light contour that performed awesome and a field model that would blow orings once a weekend, my son just got his sbe2 to replace his sx3 compact field that he had since he was 12, 2 years without a mishap from that sx3 he just out grew the stock and "thinks" he's ready for 3.5"

Most of my hand guns are Ruger made in the USA. My rifles and muzzleloaders are TC made in the USA, . My shotguns ..... are all made overseas except for me turkey gun which is a Mossberg which I love. Can't wait until the new Red Label is available.

When it comes to guns, sure there are some good USA pieces. But the picture is clear that one needs to buy what works for you in that regard. Now, in our every day life, I say yes, buy as much American as you can. Guns, no, get whats right.:D But when at wally world and else where stick it to the foreign man.:thumbsup:

The Italians, the Japanese, make quality firearms. My brother aka The "ditch commander" makes similar comments. I've found it easier to site that these guns fit me better, and confuse him more by ranting on about obscure shotgun nomenclature jargon. Then I mount the gun several times at an invisible target and end the show by saying " Ogni pazzo vuol dar consiglio,damn right!" Usually he'll leave me alone after that. Every fool is ready with advice is the translation.

the ditch commander omg i almost hit the floor i laughed so hard thats funny stuff:D

Exactly 90 percent of my shotguns are American-made -- I own 10, and nine of them are Ithaca Model 37s. The other is a Turkish over/under that was given to me.

The handguns and rifles total six guns altogether and five of them are American.

I've owned quite a few foreign-produced guns in the past and don't have an issue with it.

Lemme think. In my safe I have American, German, Belgian, & Italian represented, and those are just my 16 gauge guns. Throw in a Finnish, Belgian, and 2 more Italian 12 gauges and there you have it. One American shotgun in the whole deal. Surprises me a little...

Do have a a couple American deer rifles, an American .22, and a Czech .22.

Hmmm :cool:

Back