New profile posts

Can you send pics to 806-282-2260. Also, what is the LOP? Thanks, JMc
Hello! Would you be willing to guide me on a chukar hunt next season - for $$ of course. I need fairly tame terrain because I'm in my 70s. I used to hunt them out of Elko years ago. Retired now, I am totally flexible about dates. No worries if this is not of interest to you. Keep the good posts and pics coming.
Drew
Drew
I’m not a guide. If you want to go hunting sometime I might be up for that. I hunt in Utah and eastern Oregon a good bit. There are a few chukar spots in North West Utah that are about as easy of a chukar hunt as I’ve ever been on.
BritChaser
BritChaser
Thank you! If I can make it out that way this fall I will be in touch.
You're dog has that "What do you want me to do now?" look on its face. Good dog.
4shot
4shot
Great dog, very gentle spirit
Your account is good to go now. It was a mistake, I'm not sure if it's a weird IP I saw or whatever. Accounts slip between the cracks from time to time, this is one of them.
Reactions: GRitter
GRitter
GRitter
No worries, thank you for figuring it out. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I had done. I thought it might have been because I wasn't sure of my password and messed it up when I tried to sign in.
And, if you knew my luck you'd know that if an account was going to fall through the cracks it would be mine lol
Thank you again and happy hunting :)
Reactions: webguy
webguy
webguy
Good deal (y)
webguy
webguy
Thanks for joining
I didn't realize that area I mentioned is down to being open just the last five days of the season. Probably be a lot of numbskulls there on Sat/Sun, but who knows....might be worth a shot:

"State regulations apply. The Core Area is open for
pheasant and partridge during the last 5 days of
the State pheasant season."
If you don't mind me asking, what kennel did you get your Vizsla's from? I have a 2 year old Vizsla too. Got him from Crimson Sky Kennels in Florida.
Red Ryder
Red Ryder
We are the breeders, Pursuit Vizsla, Bainbridge Island, Wa , Ch Pursuit of Red Ryder's Top Gun SH BCAT
Mosby
Mosby
You have nice looking dogs. Love his head. Thanks.
Hey Bob, for the cream in the recipe, do you just use heavy whipping cream? Thanks.
B
Bob Peters
Yeah that is exactly right. A heavy cream. Comes in a carton just like half and half.
I live in nw Ohio. I have a trip planned to ND for December first. In case the weather turns brutal then, I am considering some plan B’s. I have an “in” on several thousand private acres near Williams Iowa. The owners are not hunters & are not much help. Do you have any Idea if that will be a good area? It is a lot closer for me to get to. Thx for any help you can give me. Captain Jack
remy3424
remy3424
Hey Cap, I am 130 miles straight west of Williams (a strong 2 hours), I am not familiar with the area. If they have waterways and any of those with buffer (filter) strips, there should be birds there. If that is the real "flat" ground, they might have the drainage ditches and all the fields are tiled and drained into those...that would not be the best for finding birds as there would be very little habitat there.
remy3424
remy3424
If they have any ground in CRP, that will be the jack-pot. Maybe if you can find an address or just use "Williams Iowa" for a Goggle search and see if you can find aerial map photos to see if you can tell from those if the local land is farmed "straight" from road to road. If you can see terraces and fields farmed on the contour, there will likely be some areas with habitat....and birds.
C
That a Lewellen in your profile picture? Looks a lot like one.
515wingshooter
515wingshooter
We had a wirehair too. Funny. Both breeds are great. Wish I could have them all lol
birddude
birddude
I know what you mean. My wife is worse than me. When we met, she told me she wasn't a dog person. Now she wants to start a rescue. Ther's a guy on YouTube called second chance bird dogs. I think that's cool.
515wingshooter
515wingshooter
Hunting hounds always get them eventually. Early 2010's bird numbers were very poor and all the poor dogs were getting abandoned in Iowa. Hopefully we never see low bird numbers again lol
Are the boots still available? Might be interested if you come down a little on the price.
H
Hedgerow
Yes, still available.

How about $115 shipped (lower 48)?
H
Hedgerow
$100 shipped?
thank you for the intel about Norton and Decatur counties! good luck this coming season. mark
are you familiar with the east of Parkston area? it's my first time there. if you're hunting alone maybe we could meet up.
dawgs14
dawgs14
I'd love to but I've got eight guys in our group. Thank you anyway. We had a farm near Parkston several years back we hunted (closer to Tripp) and I don't remember any public areas. I do know there were not as many birds there as there was 20 miles west of Tripp. Good luck.
You should be able to found some by Lemmon, So, Dakota
D
dag
Thanks, That’s what I was thinking. I’ve never been to that part of the state before
A
AteUp
Love that area!
D
dag
I’ve been dying to get up there, just been to lazy. This will be the year
Dude youre from Iowa? Where abouts? I'm thinking of coming down there to hunt this fall. MN sux.
You get that whole brood count denstity thing way more then that other guy on there.
S
Smasher
Near Des Moines. We got a few birds around. I usually hunt with my buddy he's got a lab. HMU sometime. Gavin Johnson on SnapChat.
Hey big guy, Denny Vandergriff here. I was wondering how birds doing the last couple blizzards? Seeing
a few around Carlos, MN to Fergus Falls area. Just worried some, I know they survive, but what a winter!!
Be safe, no rush on response.
Golden Hour
Golden Hour
Hey Dennis,

It's been a bit of a challenge to get an accurate guess as when the snow melts, it's a bit tougher to spot them. While there was some loss, probably a bit more than usual, I am confident that if we get a favorable nesting and brood rearing spring then we will have numbers similar to last fall. At least in the Watertown area where I am at. Good to hear from you.

Lucas
beautiful dogs
dakotasj
dakotasj
Thanks.
I've raised Britts for 40 years so I'm very fond of the breed. Used to run 6, I'm down to my last 3.
The one in front is my youngest and I'm sure my last. His style came naturally and has the most prey drive I've ever seen. His Mom is out of Grand Junction Jake and Dad out of NLB.
Looking forward to November!!
Good luck to you.
Back