Yet another guy from CO

rattman

I believe that I’m the last guy from CO who hasn’t registered on this bulletin board so here I am.

My name is Mark and I’ve been chasing birds for 30+ years. I’m down to 1 e. setter (from 2 setters and a lab) but we try to do our best to control these vicious fowl. I only shoot when charged and in self defense. I primarily hunt CO and KS for Pheasants and Quail but have wandered throughout WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, NE and MN in order to maintain the public safety from these feathered thugs.

I avoid the madness which is frequently found on opening weekend (crowding, unsafe gun handling, mid-hunt drinking and questionable sportsmanship) but gladly give the once a year revelers their time. So, the past weekend being…..well…..past, I am about to begin my season. I’ll most frequently be out during weekdays chasing the pup. My main interest is watching good dog work and the heavy body counts of earlier times no longer hold the same attraction for me. Been there, done that. Fortunately, my marksmanship now supports my relative indifference to filling limit bags.

Best wishes to all. Be safe.

Ratt

Welcome to UPH, I wish I would have to shoot those vicious fowl in self defense. I would just love to see one in the field........Bob

Welcome Rattman, Hope to see you posting often! Loved your intro!!!:10sign:

Back