woodcock...

rascal

woodcock season opens here in Illinois this Saturday....anyone else going out for them....it's supposed to be GREAT weather

Opens here tomorrow and i'll go Friday after work and Sat to see, but I don't have very high hopes. It's VERY DRY, even the creek bottoms are dry. Doubt there is a worm anywhere within 2 feet of surface. Flights are just starting in N WI where I grew up. They've had one light frost and forecast is for a freeze Friday finally. The dog wants to go and run so we'll walk and probably do little if any shooting. Glad season is finally here!

Waterfowl opens in the northern zone on Saturday. It's not looking good to get out Saturday morning, but I'm hoping for an afternoon hunt sometime over the weekend. We'll see.

Lot's of ducks and geese out there:thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK everybody....yea I'm in Pike County...duck comes in next Saturday but I rarely waterfowl hunt anymore....yes VERY dry here too....I'm gonna try my best spot I have and see what happens....it's public and will probably be a lot of out of state bow hunters.....I'm chomping at the bit though...NEED to hunt

Oh boy, it's good and cool out there this morning for the waterfowl hunters. Clear sky's though. Typical waterfowl opener around here. lol

Good luck to anyone getting out this morning.

Nick

Spent a couple of hours after work walking behind the dog with a gun in my hand. One covey worked, no splash no doodles. they'll be here soon.

Give it some time. Things are starting to get cold up north so they'll be pushing down. I think the UP had snow.

For those who are interested; I talked with some waterfowlers who made it out today. Lot's of geese---but they're hitting-up picked fields. Guys (at least those I talked with) had a hard time bringing them into water.

Mallard numbers are looking good. Wood ducks too. Some blue wing teal hanging still around up here too:thumbsup:.

Nick

Put up 2 with no shots yesterday and killed the first bird this afternoon here in momo. Just quick hunts, but dog came up lame today.:(

Back