Winter Weather and Bird Survival

hunter94

just wondering how the weather has been in SW Nebraska?
is there deep snow cover? anyone got a feel for how the birds are doing?
thanks

Wondering the same myself.... Now I guess we can add flooding... Did flooding hit the area? In the early stages of planning my first trip there.

Wondering the same myself.... Now I guess we can add flooding... Did flooding hit the area? In the early stages of planning my first trip there.

i think most of the flooding is confined to the eastern part of the state......the snow cover map shows little coverage in the SW part of the state, next up is the crucial spring hatch......that will be key to having a decent bird population next fall.

i think most of the flooding is confined to the eastern part of the state......the snow cover map shows little coverage in the SW part of the state, next up is the crucial spring hatch......that will be key to having a decent bird population next fall.

mail carriers survey shows pheasants down 14%.......pheasant states all down double digits this fall.

mail carriers survey shows pheasants down 14%.......pheasant states all down double digits this fall.

Unfortunately this is an average of down 14%. In several places, the ones that I hunt they are down over 50%. Only one area in the state is up.

Just read the Pointing Dog Journal 2019 Upland Forecast, they reported up across the state, basically they lied as it is obvious they didn't read the State's upland forecast.

Last edited:
all the sporting dog journals lie......they put their crap out way before roadside counts appear....they are jokers selling subscriptions.

Back