Winchester Synergy O/U

kiotehntr

Super Moderator
I bought a Winchester Select Synergy O/U in February of 08' and went to use it at the start of the season for 08' but the darn thing had rust starting to develop on the stainless steel on the bottom of the receiver. I don't keep my guns in an enclosed area and I clean my guns once or twice every few months to keep the dust off of them. I bought it at the local Bass Pro so I took it back and told them that it needed fixed. They sent it into Winchester at the middle of December 08' for me and I got a call yesterday from Bass Pro about it being back but they had good news and bad news. I asked what the bad news was and they told me that the gun that I sent it couldn't be fixed, my jaw dropped and I muttered some cuss words under my breath. I hastily asked what the good news was supposed to be and she told me that they shipped me a brand new gun in it's place. I thought to myself, "that's truly great news for once", as soon as I got home from work and told my wife about it I took my 2.5 yr old son and we headed to Bass Pro to pick up my new gun. I was in a hurry since my son, my coworker, his son and myself were going golfing that evening so when I signed for the new gun in a sealed box that I didn't even bother to look at the box to make sure that it was the same gun. I got home from golfing and I opened the box only to realize that they sent me a Model 101 Deluxe Field in its place. Man I was so excited that I assembled the gun, lubricated where it needed it and must of have played with it for at least an hour. I'm truly greatful for the customer service at both Bass Pro and for the folks at Browning/Winchester. Yet another reason that I but Winchester and shop at Bass Pro. A happy ending to a bad ordeal......:thumbsup: :10sign:

that does sound like a pretty good deal. i bought my rem 870 at bass pro. wonder if i take it in with a little bit of rust on it they will trade me out for a new benelli or something. that would be awesome. maybe i'll try it next week......... no but really thats pretty good customer service if i've ever heard. good deal

I was shocked that they did that as well. I realize that Bass Pro was just a "middle man" but they were awesome. I buy alot of gear from them and actually got a letter from them the other day thanking me for my purchases and that I was one of the top 5% customers that they have. I buy ALOT from them. I buy all my hunting gear, guns, clothes from them and I also tournament bass fish and I buy all my tackle, rods, reels, lures and plastics there as well. As far as Winchester I got a whole lot more that I had expected. I'm just glad that they handled it as well as they did. I will buy Winchester guns for as long as I can....

Last edited:
Congratulations on such a good turn! I bought a Winchester 101 Field in 1985 and have loved it! A lot of roosters will be endangered by your arsenal now!!!

Thanks but with only two shells they may be okay. Do they make a magazine extender for O/U's? Just kidding of course...

Don't laugh. Federal game wardens asked my Dad and I to brake open our o/us in the goose pit to check that we did not have more than three shells in them! We asked "Are you kidding?" and they said no so we did.
This was early seventies and they did not like the owner of the goose camp as he was very adapt at attracting geese and they did not like his kill success.It was harrassment pure and simple.
Now with so many geese around things are somewhat better tho they had the problem in the Pierre area with one Federal Warden.
________
Universal Health Warehouse

Last edited:
Don't laugh. Federal game wardens asked my Dad and I to brake open our o/us in the goose pit to check that we did not have more than three shells in them! We asked "Are you kidding?" and they said no so we did.
This was early seventies and they did not like the owner of the goose camp as he was very adapt at attracting geese and they did not like his kill success.It was harrassment pure and simple.
Now with so many geese around things are somewhat better tho they had the problem in the Pierre area with one Federal Warden.
:eek: I can't believe that they actually asked you to break open your O/U's to check for more shells........

Lee, was that a Winchester Select Energy they replaced with the Model 101 Deluxe Field? That does sound like a good swap. Enjoy it!

I wish I could be so lucky. Congrads, on your good fortune. ---Bob

I wish I could be so lucky. Congrads, on your good fortune. ---Bob
Thanks Bob, I actually went back to Bass Pro and told them that I had been given a different gun, they asked me if I was happy about it and I said heck yeah. They told me thanks for being so honest and straight forward but if Winchester was far out on production of my Synergy that they would send me the next best model instead of making me wait.......Thanks again to Winchester and Bass Pro for helping me out 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers::beer:

Back