Winchester 101 Field

Never shot one. Word on the street is that some folks feel the recoil is harsh. Something about the geometry.

Might want to shoot one.

I think they are awesome I’ve been trying to snag my brothers for years, always shot the 101 better than a Citori in 12 gauge. You can’t go wrong with a 101.

I have a 101 that I bought in 1985 and love it. In my younger years, I didn't usually need the second barrel for single birds and mostly used it to double. Don't know where that went. I do think it is a bit heavy if you're longer in the tooth. I bought a Weatherby Orion in 20 that is lighter and have since also picked up a Benelli Montefeltro that is lighter still. They are good guns.

I had a 12ga 101 Field. Loved everything about it but the weight. I've since loaded up on 20 ga O/U's but did pick up a 101 Pigeon Grade 20 recently. Haven't shot it yet but looking forward to it.

I have a 20 fixed choke imp and mod. I bought it around 1977 had it fitted for a lefty. I'm sure I've killed over 2000 pheasants with that gun. I spent more to have it rebuilt than what I originally paid I no longer shoot 3 inch magnums with it. I have a Benelli berretta citori couple 16 BPS. If I could only take 1 gun on a hunting trip it would be the 101. Mine is a little better made than the ones I see on the rack today. For me anyhow it's the best balanced most natural pointing gun I own. Southern boys I used to hunt with always said no wonder we lost the war. Wasn't me it was the 101.

Back