Wife commandeered my shotgun

pbg

So about three weeks ago I took my wife out to shoot some trap and she decided to try out my 20ga. over/under she usually shoots her 391 but today she wanted to shoot something different so after a few rounds she fell in love with it, she shot the best she had in years and now only wants to shoot this gun. Well that was one of my favorite Pheasant guns and since she has laid claim to it I figured I have no other choice than to buy a new one witch I did the other day, Nothing fancy a CZ Red Head Premier in 20. But has this ever happened to any of you

Should have bought a lottery ticket as well. Maybe she will clean yours as well.

No luck on her cleaning her guns, I've been trying for 25 years. The funny thing is she will clean her own birds and deer but no fish. Lol

My wife has refused all my invitations to bird hunt. She accepted only one invitation to watch me train our labs and that was only because another couple was coming to train their lab, too. But she does shoot in a Spring and Summer trap league with me(cancelled during the C-virus). And she boxes up the shells I load and cleans her own guns. She's a keeper.

My wife has refused all my invitations to bird hunt. She accepted only one invitation to watch me train our labs and that was only because another couple was coming to train their lab, too. But she does shoot in a Spring and Summer trap league with me(cancelled during the C-virus). And she boxes up the shells I load and cleans her own guns. She's a keeper.

She's a keeper for sure. I had some buddy's that would not hunt or shoot with me if my wife was going so I no longer have that problem. Now we have friends that both hunt and shoot together and a couple of there wife's started shooting because they saw my wife doing it. My wife is so into it that she put in for Montana deer tags (with out me knowing) and surprised me yesterday with the draw results, we got our tags and will be going in Nov. Anyway good for you that your wife shares in something that you both enjoy

She also joins me for mountain and road biking, golf, hiking, downhill and cross country skiing, hiking, camping---but not fishing. And I don't join her in windsurfing. You have to have some alone time.

I bought a Sig .22 pistol to use in training my wife and sons to shoot. The Mrs. did so well with it that now I need another one. She’s laid claim to that.

I bought a Sig .22 pistol to use in training my wife and sons to shoot. The Mrs. did so well with it that now I need another one. She’s laid claim to that.

I thought that I had my wife figured out on this stuff I learned a long time ago that If I bought a new fishing rod that I had better buy two of the same because as soon as she tried it I wouldn't be fishing with it anymore . But this time I hope I've leaned my lesson she can just keep shooting her own guns for now on. Lol

Never complain about a good thing . I'm one of the lucky ones to have a wife that understands the value of a good gun and can appreciate the things that I love is a blessing

I gave my wife a Ruger Red Label 20 gauge when she became interested in hunting and shooting. We had the stock shortened and a better pad installed. On her first out-of-state pheasant hunt where we hunted all day, she complained about the weight. I had a Franchi Veloce 20 gauge along as a spare and when she pulled it out of the case she immediately claimed it as hers and it has been hers for the last 15 years or so. I bet she hasn't taken that Red Label out of the safe since we put it there when we got home from that hunt. I'm glad she wants to go hunting with me.

You guys are really lucky!!
If my wife ever asked me how to use a shotgun—I would be very concerned about my longevity—at least in my earlier days😜😈

Not my wife but my son in laws. Had a nice 12 gauge Stoeger M2000 used it for some bird hunting picked it up dirt cheap and it was a reliable gun. Son in law used it a couple times when he was hunting and never brought it back. Uses it for coyote's with buckshot. Other son in law been using my 20 gauge Browning Citori all season for pheasant hunting, finally told him Merry Christmas and sold it to him for a price I cant mention. Went to find a replacement Citori and couldn't find one so have one on order picked up a CZ Wingmaster Elite in 20 gauge until that Browning comes in. Grandson is already asking for the CZ.

Back