why are sxs stocks so short

ditchparrot007

Ive always wanted a sxs and Im at the age I can justify one. Ive shouldered a CZ USA Sharptail and a SKB model. They both seem so short compared to the over unders I have. Im just a average size guy nothing special. Just seems odd to me. Any ideas or thoughts on this subject. Thanks!!

The CZ Sharptail has an LOP of 14.5 inches which is a standard LOP for field guns. What are you currently shooting and have you been measured for your LOP?
You can also gain length by adding an aftermarket butt pad too.

Kick them up right now I shoot a beretta 686 the SKB I shouldered was a model 385. I’ve never been measured for my LOP. Both sxs seemed short compared to the beretta and its a factory stock no changes to it. I know numbers don’t lie just a weird feeling shouldering them both. Thank you for replying and helping.

So I did some checking and depending on the model of the 686 your feeling was not wrong. The LOP on most is 14.75 in which is pretty standard on Sporting shotguns. 686 stock info below.

Stock dimensions are 143/4 for length of pull, 13/8 drop at comb, 21/4 drop at heel

My 686 is a sporting clays model. So I will get a new butt pad or spend a lot and have a stock made that fits or just live with it. If I make a purchase on the sxs. Thanks

Back