who do I contact about tiled wet lands?

gobucks

Took the dog for a run to a place i havnt been to in about five years and this field held water year round except for the dog days of summer it dried up a little. But now its gone, cat tails and all, its all been planted. Who do I contact to find out if they illegally drained a wet lands

It is my understanding that isolated wetlands are no longer federally protected since the SWANCC supreme court decision in the early 2000's. That court decision put allot of valuable wetland related wildlife habitat on the chopping block.

Took the dog for a run to a place i havnt been to in about five years and this field held water year round except for the dog days of summer it dried up a little. But now its gone, cat tails and all, its all been planted. Who do I contact to find out if they illegally drained a wet lands

Best thing to do is contact your local Natural Resource Conservation Service or Farm Service Agency office. More than likely they are enrolled in the farm program. There is an possibility its protected by the USFWS depending on which part of the US you are located in. If you are located within MN, SD, ND or MN the USFWS might be an outside chance of protection. I would start with the NRCS first and then call the USFWS.

Unfortunately wetland protection is political and like the previous comments the protections are getting less and less.

Back