Which choke?

I use an improved cylinder on the top and a full on the bottom, if an o/u and using 5 and 6 shot. for my pump I'll start with the improved and switch to the full depending on the flush.

For my doubles, I use improved and modified.
For my repeaters and single shots, I use modified.

Didn't really choose it, but the used guns I've bought always seem to be modified, and instead of trying to change them, I just deal with it....

Choking for Pheasant

I shoot a double and generally shoot improved in one barrel and modified in the other. On opening day, nothing wrong with going skeet and improved as long as your shells are at least 5s.

this is a very good question which i think alot of pheasant hunters think about alot..for double barrel guns its pretty simple but for single barrel guns its different..early in the year i'll use IC then later on i'll use Mod and maybe Full especially if I'm hunting public grounds..i think also it has to do with what kind of hunting companion your using..for pointing dogs it might be a good idea to use IC and for flushing dogs like labs or golden retrievers its a good idea to use modified or full..hope this helps :)

I guess i should have been alittle more to the point, I have all flushing dogs(labs) thats the reason for the IC and full. Being in Indiana and still see wild birds they are still pretty skidish no matter what kid of dog you have, but my usual shot is 15 to 20 yards and the second which is sometimes needed is at 25 to 35 yards. so thats when the 2nd(full) helps me out.

Back