Which Chaps?

TJC3

I don't see any discussion here, so let's start one. Which chaps do you use and do you recommend them to others looking to buy a pair? Thanks for participating!

I have a set of DeLuxe Tuff Legs from Bill Boatman & Co. They are light weight and have a full zipper down the side so they are super easy to get on & off.

http://www.billboatmancoinc.com/

I like my Filson's. They are really good at keeping the wind off and the stickers away. I do wish they had a zipper on the side though.

I bought some Filson single tin chaps this year after having worn Gore-Tex in the past. They sure hold up well. If I were to do it again though, I would buy the double tin with the zippers. Its still nice to have Gore Tex on rainy days...

I've got a set from Cabela's, think they're the 500 Denier nylon ones. I sweat like a hog when wearing them. Do the other types do the same for you guys, the ones in the Filson's and waxed cottons, etc?

Which Chaps??

Personally, I wear three types of chaps/leg wear: Boyt/tin chaps, light weight nylon chaps and rainwear bottoms. All depends on the weather...and the cover.

On hot days, very light pants and nylon chaps. Very cold, but dry I use the chaps and long underwear. Cold and wet, rain wear bottoms, and hunting pants and maybe long underwear.

Have been happy with Boyt tin chaps - light weight and wear well.

jon

For "Thunderthighs" - get Cabelas Stonewall Husky

I always have a hard time fitting my thighs into pants/chaps etc... For example - I can't get Filson chaps past my knees! lol! I bought Cabelas Stonewall chaps in Husky and they fit great! They are waxed with high quality brass fittings. Two seasons on them now and I'd give them five stars.
-Croc

Back