What happened to this member

duckn66

"Oldandnew". Always liked his posts and he was a wealth of information! Don't think he's posted since 2016.

There are a number of members that once were quite active on this site that have faded away. Sure hope they are still with us and in good health. But how would be know if one of our members passes away and no one else knows they were a member of this site. bobeyerite is another that comes to mind.

He left for awhile and when he reappeared he mentioned health problems. I hope he is fine. I enjoyed his posts as well. He lived somewhere between us from his posts.

He left for awhile and when he reappeared he mentioned health problems. I hope he is fine. I enjoyed his posts as well. He lived somewhere between us from his posts.

Yes he did live somewhere between us. I do remember him saying something about his health. I know his name I guess I could do some checking. He was a heck of a nice guy and really miss his input on the boards.

OaN was one of the bests here. I know he stopped posting regularly after he had a stroke and felt that his writing was not up to his par for a time afterwards. I sure hope he's doing well.

Yeah, he's a good guy. Very knowable with a whole host of topics.

I haven't talked with Pete for some time but the last time we talked he sounded like he was a bit burnt out. Some of the threads/issues where already discussed in some length only to reaper in another thread 6 months to a year later. God willing he's alive and well.

At least in most of Kansas, pheasant hunting was pretty rough for several years too. Seemed like the KS board was overall fairly depressing and negative a couple seasons. I'm sure we lost a few from that too.

I wonder too if the "upgrade" of the site has anything to do with it? I know that it took me a while to get used to it, still get frustrated when trying to post and hit the post button only to be asked to relogin and my draft has been deleted, which results in a few choice words and closing out.

I wonder too if the "upgrade" of the site has anything to do with it? I know that it took me a while to get used to it, still get frustrated when trying to post and hit the post button only to be asked to relogin and my draft has been deleted, which results in a few choice words and closing out.

He Stopped posting long before the upgrade, but yeah, I'm with you. It's taking some getting used to the upgrade plus the timing of photobuckets' third part gig really did a number. A lot of people put a lot of time into their photos and uploading them to the site only to have them disappear.

Back