What a great SD hunt

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the pictures:coolpics:

hail2thechief.gif

hail2thechief.gif

hail2thechief.gif

Very impressive, we found the walk-in south of Gettysburg challenging to say the least. You fellows are the men and your companions are the DOGS !!!!
Duke

The first 12 birds were killed on the first shot. On the 3rd day the shooting wasn't as good. The dogs bailed us out several times with long tracks on crippled birds. The dog work was incredible. My buddies 9 month old pup flushed dozens of birds. My 8 year old yellow male proved once again that there is not manys rooster that can shake him. He is my super star. Even my Black male who is almost 12 flushed dozens of birds. I savor the thoughts of bagging 6 roosters over him last week.

Here's to you for the great hunt and great memories you made this week. I also was reminded of one of my labs, Simba who provided some fantastic retrieves in her outings with me after reading your post. I in particular remember one 1/4 mile retrieve in nasty cover on a running rooster. There are some dogs like your labs that just "get it" when it comes to roosters.:) Enjoyed your post.

Back