Wellington Type Boots

BritChaser

in my creaky old age i'm considering a switch to non-lace boots. having some difficulty pulling on the Danners. any recommendations? thanks.

I just bought a pair of twisted x. They are light and comfortable, uninsulated, but for me, pull on boots just don't get it. If I'm on a slope, the boots stay and my feet slide inside the boot. Plus they don't have any ankle support. Them sprained ankles are no fun. A bad one will put me out of the game for a week. I will wear them around the place as I'm in and lot a lot, but not hunting.

in my creaky old age i'm considering a switch to non-lace boots. having some difficulty pulling on the Danners. any recommendations? thanks.
Brit, I don't think pulling on non-lacing boots is going to be any easier and may in fact be more difficult since you can't open them as wide to insert your foot. But I know what you are saying, at 75 (76 next month) getting my boots on can be a challenge at times. If you like Danners you might look at the Danner Sharptail Rear Zip boot https://www.danner.com/men/hunt/sharptail-rear-zip-10-dark-brown.html or you could try a lower boot like a 7" or a hiking boot. But I do think that with a non-lacing boot you will give up some support. Let me know what you come up with. Good luck.

Britchaser I’ve been wearing Solomon quests for couple of years. My feet have never been happier. I still wear my danners in mud and snow. The Solomon’s are expensive for a boot that only last me a year, but I wear those things everywhere

thanks to all for the guidance. ended up ordering the Danner Tanicus boots which are lace-up with side zippers. we shall see . . .

Back