Well Let's hear about opening day....

Anxiously waiting for reports and pics. :) Please feed our addiction SD residents :thumbsup

I drove to Mobrige spent a couple of hours and then drove back. I never saw a hunter. It is a non event as far as I know.

Went
by 3 public areas within 10 miles of Platte SD

1. Two groups no birds
2. Two groups one of them saw 1 rooster
3. No body there.

:eek: :( :rolleyes:

It was slim pickings where we went yesterday. Hunted the first place, which is usually full of birds. Has been for the last ten years. Never saw a bird from this year in the place. All seemed to be full grown and from last year. Went to a second place and got five and lost one. So we had our opportunity for our limit. Hunted hard all day. The search for a new spot continues tomorrow.

We got warm quickly saturday and only saw one before we decided to call it a day. Didn't hunt too long.

Went out today just to see if we could find a few right before sunset. Only saw 2 roosters, about 8 or 9 hens also. Not the best dog work, birds seemed to be moving even in the thick stuff. At least Deuce got some feathers in his mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jGPF0ois4

Tim

Download the app to your phone. You can turn em on and off with ur phone and zoom as needed. Can also tell if your crooked or not.

what are the setting you used on the gopro?
my video always look too far away.

My camera is an el cheapo Lightdow LD4000 and only does wide. I think it says it's 170 degrees but I think it is more like 150-160. I wish it was a little narrower. The two birds in that video where pretty close. I have another brand of camera that is about 130-140 I believe and that is a much nicer FOV but the quality of the picture isn't as good.

I've seen guys use the medium setting in the Gopros that have that option and the shooting looks very good. You do notice more movement with the narrower view when walking.

Tim

Bang, Bang and also Bang, done deal.

Back