Weather, Moisture

hunter94

wow, most of the pheasant range is drier than a popcorn fart! don't wish any heavy snowstorms, but this early spring needs to be a wet one. we need to catch a break for these birds. i would guess the winter wheat looks thin too?

Driest I've seen it out there. The dogs and me got nose bleeds. Dirt was like flour. Still loved it!!

Boss asked us to get our fire rigs ready in case we get called out for support like we did this spring at Hutchinson and Ashland. Hard to keep that equipment ready with one heated bay in the shop!

Weather, moisture. Wish we had some!

Farmers are still baling stubble for emergency feed and much of the waterways and grass patches are still thin. A biologist told me much of the midwests farmland is essentially a seasonal desert and has no cover , no food , no essential habitat for anything from bug to bird for 9 months out of the year.

Moisture is on the way! Someone from Dodge will be getting his "Rain Dance" going REAL soon. It was dry and dusty where we hunted last weekend, I am still getting dirt out of my ears and nose.

That could be as yesterday I misjudged the height of the electric fence that I straddled. Needless to say that 50 mile fencer(designed to keep elephants contained) put some dance in my step and possibly damaged my manhood even further than old age has.

Last edited:
Those electric fence wires out there are really sturdy and feel like they have 220v running through them . Makes ours seem weak. I crawl under because of a similar experience as MR Byrd.

Back