Waterproof briar pants

Zimbass

Looking into getting a pair, anyone have personal experiences and recommendations? I am done getting wet legs, they've made some great hunts very uncomfortable.

Waterproof brush pants

Well I'm sure there are brands of brush pants that I haven't tried but I'm still looking for that same product for the last 45 years. I have goretex waterproof chaps and they are pretty good at shedding water but they will not stand up to a couple of seasons of briars, thorns and other brush. You will put holes in them over time. I also have brush pants and waxed chaps that keep briars away but in a long morning of hunting in wet conditions will soak through. I treat the brush pants with campdry but it only last a short time. The waxed chaps are a little better at shedding water and brush but by noon will soak through. I usually have 3 pair of brush pants and 2 pair of chaps in my truck as well as socks and undergarments and change at noon or sooner if really wet. Along with 3-4 pair of boots I can make it through any conditions for a day and dry them at night for the next day. Filsons makes great chaps for brush and are waterproof for a short time but they also will soak through if hunting in wet fields, brush or constant rain. Don't know if this helps but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

waterproof pants

I have been wearing the H20 Tech Bibs from Gander Mountain. They dont qualify as briar pants or even hunting gear, but have held up much better than I expected. No rips or tears in 2 seasons of use, some in heavy cover. I like the fact they are light, waterproof and cut the wind.

I just bought a pair of Gamehide heavy duty brush chaps. Found them on sale @ Scheels which worked out good for me as I was going to need a new pair next year. So far I like them. They're fairly heavy duty and they're more of a husky size that fits my legs. The thing I love the most is the legs unzip completely, top to bottom which makes them easier to put on the any chaps I've owned.

http://www.gamehide.com/Heavy_Upland_Hunting_Chap_p/12c.htm

I have had Gamehide waterfowl coat, and chaps for literally 30 years. The heavy canvas on the coat, all it's features were made by people who know waterfowlng themselves. Chaps have turned blackberry briars for years, got worn in and are comfortable as old jeans. Not the new stylish brands, priced right, and sized for real American sportsmen. Not the weird 2xl coat from the Punjab, with sleeves the come just lower than your elbows!

My wife got me a pair of Browning pants that have the pheasant forever logo on the side, we've hunted in the rain and early mornings and now in the snow and I've not been wet yet this year. Seem to be wearing like iron also, we hunt some nasty stuff that turns my dogs black nose pink in one weekend and the pants show no wear! Pretty cheap also

LL Bean

I've used the LL Bean Gore-Tex Upland Field Pants for years. I often hunt quail in Russian Olive trees, which have huge thorns on them, and the pants have held up beautifully. You simply do not get wet when you wear them now matter how deep the snow or how hard the rain. I will never be without a pair as long as I hunt.

I've used the LL Bean Gore-Tex Upland Field Pants for years. I often hunt quail in Russian Olive trees, which have huge thorns on them, and the pants have held up beautifully. You simply do not get wet when you wear them now matter how deep the snow or how hard the rain. I will never be without a pair as long as I hunt.

I second the above. I've had a pair for four years and put them thru the MI grouse woods and the ND and SD pheasant fields and they still look like new. The only two things I wish were different on them were the snap closure were a button and suspender buttons added.

Scratch the browning pants I talked about before as keeping me dry, got soaked yesterday on the way home in my truck when they started to thaw out from knee to thigh deep snow. This was the first time this year I did get wet, maybe it went up inside my pant legs, don't know but defiantly wet!

I wear jeans for the most part. Some times jeans/pants with the cordura nylon face (should wear them all the time, but sometimes I am lazy. Grouse woods briars or pheasant field thistle makes be regret this laziness).

If it is wet out I wear my older pair of Cablea's rain pants (Gore-Tex) and this works well straight up or over jeans. This is what I wear in the winter / snow also. Keeps me warm and dry. Works for me.

They are very briar and thistle resistant, burrs fall off.

The rain pants are also easy to slip off if heading into town for lunch. :thumbsup:

Back