Was it worth it?

Bird Buster

Curious to the people that went pheasant hunting in ND this season, was it worth it? I didn't get to make it up due to a last minute emergency. Hope things fare better for next year up there...

I cannot speak for everyone, but the guys I talked to who did go to North Dakota said "Go to South Dakota".

went twice to sw N. Dakota, and i know it is pay to play but it plenty of birds, even though the numbers overall seem to be down a bunch. Better than going where there are no birds IMHO?

I went of 3 weeks Oct, Nov, Dec. Had good hunting, numbers were down but it seemed good. Not much pressure from other hunters who were scared off.
Got my limit except the last week almost did. Got some huns, a sharpie and 2 yotes with the shotgun. No idea why we got close enough to shoot with a shotgun....:10sign:

Just glad everyone else stayed home.

I went twice to the SW and didn't pay went on PLOTS, I had good luck lots of birds, quite a bit of pressure so the birds were educated, but well worth it. I might go again around the New Year, the guy I know out there says CRP will be down 75% next year this might be the last for me there.

I hunted SW ND last weekend with two friends. Although the bird numbers were down, we worked hard but got limits every day. It was typical late-season wild birds, smart and bunched up when you find them. High-velocity 12 GA #4's worked well.

Good job out there guys, CRP disappearing next year in the SW... man that doesn't sound good at all :(

Went to SE North Dakota duck hunting in November and was able to pheasant hunt during the day. I hunted all public walk in areas, and was able to bag a couple roosters, but nothing special.

We were in Southwest ND and the cold weather did not affect us in the least. Thousands of birds, limits daily. There was 16 in our group and had limits everyday.

Back