Warm weather

Getting really tired of this warm, inconsistent weather. Its either really warm or we have a few days that are pretty chilly and it doesnt stay that way for long. it gets old and hopefully it changes in the next week or two. Has any places even got frost yet? Up here in northwest kansas we have!

I agree. Getting tired of the 70 degree openers. I have been looking the extended forecast for the area we hunt for the opener and it is either calling for 55 degrees and sunny or 45 and heavy rain changing to freezing rain. It seems to change every other day. I am in northeast kansas and we did get a frost as well.

This is why I wait until after opening day to hunt. I like warm weather but 70-80 degrees is a bit much if it's dry - hard on the dogs.

4 of us were planning on heading to South Dakota in the morning. But, with temps in the upper 70's we've decided not to go. Hunted in warm weather like that 5 or 6 years ago up there and never again, too hard on the dogs. From the looks of things, we may be in for another warm Kansas opener, but at least we can start first thing in the morning.

Back