Wanted:

FieldKing

I am looking for a disk or ? I am wanting to do some plots of 1/4 up to 2 acres of deer, quail and turkey mix. I have a compact tractor with cat 1- 3 point hitch. Anyone got a cheap beginner setup for sale?

try to get a three point where you can have down pressure, other wise you are going to have to use weights. Make sure the bearing are good, heavy shares are a plus. I use a "bog" disk, it's easier to use if you have one that will fit on a standard flat bed. If it won't you have to roll it over onto transport wheels, worst yet, disk across where ever you go! This time of year, here in Missouri around $500.00-750.00, next fall or winter 250.00-500.00 depending on the blizzard, and temperatures! I enjoy the food plot planning as much as I enjoy the hunt.

A 3-point disk will work if you're not dealing with significant residue or sod. I bought an Amco pull-type disk at work and it is a Godsend. Look here: http://www.amcomfg.com/products/WOharrows/fj41/

The one I have has notch blades. It will handle a lot of heavy stuff and really dress things up. You can probably find something at a farm sale pretty cheap and upgrade the blades and bearings to suit your conditions.

Thanks for the tips guys, I am putting the disc on hold until fall when prices drop. I am keeping busy clearing dead trees and cleaning the place up. I bought an 11 acre former horse farm that was very neglected. The plots will come later. I have had some deer and a few turkey visit my small slice of heaven:)

Back