Want to introduce my self

Hello all,

Yes I am from MI. My name is Doug. My dogs name is SHR Brandywine Sue. Brandy is an English Springer Spaniel 16 months old, 17in tall, 30lbs, and steady to flush and shot. She also as you can tell has her Started Hunting Retriever Title. This fall and winter Brandy and I will be working in the Upland Title. I like to hunt Grouse, Pheasants and Chucker. Brandy and I will probably do some Duck hunting this fall too. I also have a 9 year old English Setter Britney cross that does not hunt due to his mental state of mind. In short he is afraid of his own shadow. Below are are a few photos of Brandy at the Inducky HRC hunt test this fall where she titled.

Image6.jpg
Image7.jpg
Image10.jpg

i am with brandy,

Its nice to see another michigan bird hunter. Where abouts in the state do you hunt? I usually hunt in Lenawee Co (very south mi). nice pics of your dog!!

Hey Marcwigg

I hunt around Traverse City, Cadillac, and Buckley area. All the Chucker and pheasant hunting I do is on hunt preserves. I do my grouse hunting around Traverse City and Pine River area near Cadillac. I rarely see any one else out hunting with dogs. Thanks for the comments on the photos. I am really proud of her. We did the retriever training work this past summer since it was to hot for upland training. She was finished with force fetching at the age of 10 months. She has been an easy dog to train she loves to fetch anything. She has even fetched full size goose dokens. I had so many problems with my first dog this one has been a dream to train and hunt with.

What breed do you have and what do you normally hunt?

i own a 5 month old German Shorthaired Pointer. I am getting ready to start training him with pheasant wings. Just to get the scent familiar. I hunt pheasants in the very south of Mi. Just about the only thing to hunt down here is deer and pheasant. With every single person and their mother hunting deer the land gets pretty crowded. Same out here as with where you are, i dont see alot of people hunting with dogs.

Back