~ Upland Dreams ~

View attachment 9647
~ Upland Dreams ~ Me gunning Mate Jim is captured whilst hunting o'er me gun dog TRAD seen out front and just about to enter a cover plot. The viewer can sense Jim's anticipation and hopes for a game bird flush by TRAD. These are the moments so many of us live for.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Great picture! I can definitely sense the anticipation.

That said, I can't help but be reminded of the old Wild Kingdom shows with Marlin Perkins & sidekick Jim Fowler. Jim always did the dirty work. "While I watch from the safety of the helicopter, Jim will jump out of the Jeep onto the back of the stampeding wildebeest & wrestle him to the ground so we can perform blood work & tagging."

Great picture! I can definitely sense the anticipation.

That said, I can't help but be reminded of the old Wild Kingdom shows with Marlin Perkins & sidekick Jim Fowler. Jim always did the dirty work. "While I watch from the safety of the helicopter, Jim will jump out of the Jeep onto the back of the stampeding wildebeest & wrestle him to the ground so we can perform blood work & tagging."

A5,
I loved that show growing up. Sadly, Jim Fowler died not too long ago. Definitely lived an exciting life.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

It's a wonder Jim lasted as long as he did. My Son & I use Merlin's "While I " line all the time. Great show.

You guys brought to mind another co-host with Merlin - Stan Brock.
He also passed away a little over a year ago. In his later life he started RAM, Remote Area Medical, in 1985 that provided free vision, dental and medical services to uninsured Americans and in other places like Haiti, Kenya and Guyana.
Wouldn't it be fun to see some of the stuff they did that wasn't shown on TV.

Back