Unposted Land

jlmatthew

Hey Gang, I know a lot of folks here have moved to Colorado from other States where unposted land is open to hunting, but that is not the case here. You have to have permission, posted or not

I went deer hunting last week and had 4 different trucks full of pheasnt hunters pull into the field I was hunting and the farmer said I am the only one with permission to hunt. When I talked to him about all the others he got pretty hot and said that is why more and more farms are shutting the hunting down on their land for all

Just a friendly reminder. Good luck this year!

I cant believe ....no responds? JLmatthew has a very good point!
Why is it when people do thier homework ( make call, ask for permission /Get permission ) and they get out there and have a bunch of bum's trespassing on the rancher/Farmers land. I've also had a group of 8 C.U. punks trying to tell me that they didn't know. ( really your daddy paid for you to go to C. U. and you can't read a map)..... Guess what, You plates have been given to Josh. If he see you running around, guess what ....he is going to check you !

We all need to do our part and do the right thing. What is wrong with us so called hunters? Maybe, some of us are not hunters just slobs.
Sorry had to vent.

Amen!

I went to CU. Didn't learn there to read a map or ask permission - learned these things from my parents when I was a kid! Somehow managed to get this far in life without forgetting either skill…

I have a good relationship with a landowner who almost always allows me to hunt. This doesn't mean that I don't call first and stop in to say hello before hunting. Just because he said "yes" last time doesn't mean I feel like I can jump in any time I want. Guess that's why the relationship has remained solid for several years now.

He always tells me to call him if I see another soul on his land, which I've done. Gotta tell ya, it warms my heart to see him pull up in his truck and lay into the guys that aren't supposed to be there! I'll also say that I'm glad I've never been on the receiving end of that a**-chewing, cuz he doesn't hold back one bit!

Totally agree!!

I totally agree with whats being said!! :thumbsup:

What I don't understand is how a trespasser doesn't feel wrong about what they are doing and go as they please on someone else's land??? :confused:
It's like someone walking into your house and eating your food without asking!!!

In the long run that's why things have changed over the years, landowners start to shutdown on us hunters and stop allowing access to their land by anyone. A few bad people with bad ethics can and in a lot of ways already have ruined it for everyone that is trying to do things right and in the right ways!! :(

Back