Two Months Until The Opener!

Yellowdawg

It's about that time for me to start getting myself and my dog gradually into hunting shape. At my age (mid 50's) it helps me get through those long walks and beating through the thick stuff. Luckily I live near water so my Lab is getting regular water work. Dang, it's been hot out. I even pulled out the pheasant gun today for a quick look :thumbsup: . Anyone else getting the itch?

For me when Game Fair rolls around that starts to get me thinking about the upcoming season. Getting the dogs in shape is usually my first order of business. Preserve i belong to opens September 1st.

Last edited:
Don't all the preserve's open 9/1? Been to the Game Fair. I'm an avid runner so I'm in shape. Dogs don't look to shabby either. Let's get this party started!!!

Don't all the preserve's open 9/1? Been to the Game Fair. I'm an avid runner so I'm in shape. Dogs don't look to shabby either. Let's get this party started!!!
They probably do?

My dogs look great too. Nice and trim, never overweight. Endurance shape is quite a different story.

Game fair starts to get the juices flowing for myself as well. Reminds me its about that time. Went out both weekends this year. Dog is in his 4th year so starting to get into the "prime" window of years, excited for that. Run with the dog on a very consistent basis and have found bike rides to be very beneficial for the dog's and my own endurance (took us a couple rides to really get this down!), especially on days im strapped for time. Where abouts everybody headed for your first opener trips?

I would guess that the its going to be a sea of corn early in the season (again). And some of the corn I've seen is like 12 feet high. Anyone have a helicopter they can borrow me?

Back