Truck setup

Phil81

I have an F150 crew cab. My buddy and I both have a vizsla. We have always put 2 crates in back seat floor of truck for transport and hunting. Taking a hunting trip in a couple weeks and have a 3rd person joining us. Those 2 crates took up the entire back seat. Looking for ideas? I could fold up long seat for dogs and they can have that half of truck but I prefer they are kenneled for safety reasons and getting in and out of truck. 8.5 hour drive plus spoiled so don’t want to do a bed box.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas

Yes. 60/40. I’ve got carhartt seat covers and rubber floor mats. More worried about the initial excitement when they get in the truck and if it’s as wet as I’m hearing in SD my truck will be a muddy mess

I have had the same situation. I bought a used topper and kenneled them in the back of the truck. It worked out great. The only other thing I can think of is to rent a van or a large SUV for the trip. It would allow you to keep the dogs inside the cab and it would reduce the wear and tear on your truck. You can find some pretty affordable unlimited mileage rentals. If you split the cost with the other hunters it would probably cost less than $200/person.

My vizslas are spoiled too. They don't ride in the back of trucks either. I used to drive crew cab pickups, but family considerations pushed me into a Suburban. Now, with my spoiled dogs, I would not go back to a pickup even though the family considerations are different. I know that isn't very helpful.

I’m wondering how it would work to slide a piece of thin plywood between front seat and backseat along the driver door. That would block the exit when I open door and protect the door. Then do the same thing on passenger side except slide between consol and front seat and between the 60/40 split in back. The 60 would be folded up. That would give the 2 dogs what I think should be plenty of room and the 40 seat would be for third person. Thoughts ?

Back