Trap!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had it happen but I have read about it. I don't think the foot traps do any long term damage and I wouldn't recommend destroying a legally set trap. You may want to call the PGC and ask about the legality of the trap that was set but destroying something that is legally set on the gamelands may put you in a position you don't want to be in. I think there is information out there about releasing your dogs from traps.

I'm glad your dog wasn't injured and I hope you don't find anymore.

Last edited:
Dave thats just stupid. That would be the equivelant of a trapper coming along and shooting a stray pet because he came along and spoiled his set.

Just deal with it. Its no different than your dog stepping in a hole.

Dave thats just stupid. That would be the equivelant of a trapper coming along and shooting a stray pet because he came along and spoiled his set.

Just deal with it. Its no different than your dog stepping in a hole.

Stupid or not I'll do what I said I'll do, so you deal with it as s!! If you can't handle it then that's your problem especially if you don't have a dog in the hunt. This conversation is in PA. not ks.

Last edited:
Before you do something like that you should check the rules, you might find yourself on the wrong side of the law. We might not like it but the trappers have a right to the public land too! Hey at least they are controlling the predators.

Before you do something like that you should check the rules, you might find yourself on the wrong side of the law. We might not like it but the trappers have a right to the public land too! Hey at least they are controlling the predators.

Ok. Thanks.

If they legal or not I don't like them and here's my rant: these traps that hold the foot shouldn't be legal IMO. And this is what I'M going to do ( If this is legal or not I don't care ) EVERY trap I find I will destroy it no matter what kind or where its placed. like I said legal or not I WILL destroy them!:mad:

There's a number of people out there who'd agree with you, but it's not just the foot hold trap in their sights, it's also your gun----the gun that's been taking the lives of "their" deer, pheasants, rabbits, ducks, geese, etc. The one's they enjoy taking photos/video of while walking their dogs, eating granola bars, and feeling good about themselves and how important they are to habitat conservation and preserving public lands. Public lands bought and paid for with dollars from hunting, trapping, and fishing;).

We need predation control/management. Trappers are the one's to get it done. Let's do our best to work with them.

Nick

There's a number of people out there who'd agree with you, but it's not just the foot hold trap in their sights, it's also your gun----the gun that's been taking the lives of "their" deer, pheasants, rabbits, ducks, geese, etc. The one's they enjoy taking photos/video of while walking their dogs, eating granola bars, and feeling good about themselves and how important they are to habitat conservation and preserving public lands. Public lands bought and paid for with dollars from hunting, trapping, and fishing;).

We need predation control/management. Trappers are the one's to get it done. Let's do our best to work with them.

Nick

That ^^^^^^^

To all,

I'd like to apologize, I let my emotions and anger get the best of me. All I saw was red when my 13 year old lab was hung up in that trap, I lost my cool, sorry...

To all,I'd like to apologize, I let my emotions and anger get the best of me

Believe me, you aren't the first to go on an emotional rant around here, nor will you be the last.;)

It's all good Dave!

Nick :cheers:

Dave,

No need to, we all say our pups are members of our families, and I pitty the man that hurts a member of my family. Your reaction was completely understandable, it wouldn't have been right... but understandable! Don't sweat it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back