Trail cams?

I have some Buchnell cameras that I got for $99 at walmart that do really well.
Good pictures and battery life.

Have heard good things about the bushnells. I had been using Primos and am done with those. Starting running Brownings this past summer/fall and so far very happy with them. Battery life has been excellent. Night pics a touch blurry sometimes but nothing I can't live with so far. If money is not a concern the Reconyx line is the best out there by most peoples accounts. I can't give you first hand info on those.

Good advice, Chuck has the trail cams perfected.

MOULTRIE, Sorry to say:( Don't take one if it's free.
I have had two. Both the same, the mode disappears making them worthless.

I'll let it go at that. :(

Yes Chucks trail cam pics are the Cat Meow. He has been pleasuring us with his cam pics for years. The best cam pics I have ever seen. Bar none.:thumbsup:

Shoot him a pm and chat a bit. His pics belong In a magazine. they're that good.

The next trail cam I buy, I will make sure I can plug in a 12V battery. Everybody mentioned battery life. Some of them allow you to plug into a 12V deep cycle battery. My next one will have that capability for darn sure. :thumbsup:

It sucks when you check you card and find that the batteries died the day after you checked it last time...:(

The next trail cam I buy, I will make sure I can plug in a 12V battery. Everybody mentioned battery life. Some of them allow you to plug into a 12V deep cycle battery. My next one will have that capability for darn sure. :thumbsup:

It sucks when you check you card and find that the batteries died the day after you checked it last time...:(

just ordered my first camera, one of the do's was to have with you a battery checker, you can get a do all for about $7. while mine will be on a private ranch, a bigger battery is just that much more obvious, i still fear theft or damage, the rancher has lost two tree stands over the years and they were not placed side the road either.

cheers

I have been very happy with the CAbela's branded cams. I have the Outfitter series 8MP.

camera

i bought the browning spec op, it has plug for an outside power source, a battery meter and a viewing screen, still kinda ignorant about them, so far i have a pic. of the dogs peeing in the back yard and the dove that feed there. big deal! tue will set the gizmo up at my turkey blind for the rest of the season. the birds are feeding a great deal on the berries, seeds, from the russian olive trees in the area. also seeing far fewer birds this winter but mostly i think it is due to crop rotation on the ranch more than anything else. still there are about 150 birds in the area

cheers

Back