Ticks

BRITTMAN

Ticks were out on Thursday.

One dog must have went through a "nest" of them.

May not be out again for a little while, but keep that in mind when temps hit 40s and 50s again.

Wow. Thats early for them, you must be in a hot spot for them. Years ago was told that they can be active almost any month in MN.

So yes, good reminder, treat your dogs (I use Nexguard) and wear tick pants and treat your clothes (But NOT on you) with spray. I think its permethrin that's the active ingredient, and READ the label for application.

Some nasty nasty things these ticks carry that can ruin your health.

Dan

lyme disease tick on mice

Check out recent research on lyme/mouse vector. I used Google with this as a search title and got a bunch of sites.

For the record, I hates de tick thingies on my dogs and myself. Really creepy.

I think my 9 month old pup may be suffering from a tick bite. The past week she has had a loss of appetite and since Friday she has had some lameness in both her front and rear legs. Heading to the vet ASAP. Anyone else seen these symptoms from a tick bite in their dog?

Usually they stiffen up from a tick bite I believe. I've only seen it once, at the vets office. The dog was walking real stiff legged. Like he couldn't bend at the joints at all. And wouldn't lay down.

Usually they stiffen up from a tick bite I believe. I've only seen it once, at the vets office. The dog was walking real stiff legged. Like he couldn't bend at the joints at all. And wouldn't lay down.

That's "Tick Paralysis". There are also other symptoms that can be caused by the tick bite. And I'm not talking about the deer tick and Lyme Desease.

Back