Thus far???

Byrdoglvr

Thought I'd share my outings and see how everyone else is doing.

Missed MN opener but did make it to SD for theirs. Four of us harvested 23 birds and 6 sharpies in two days. Because it was so warm we took long breaks between hunts to cool the dogs down. We found the birds in pockets. Good numbers in one spot and almost nothing at others. They need rain bad. A lot of sloughs were bone dry. It was cool to see so many sharp tail grouse. I've seen one here or there but this time we saw good groups. Maybe 25 total. Going back for 5 days in 2 weeks:cheers:

My daughter had been bugging me to bring her down to the Rochester area to visit an old friend. I got to use this an excuse to throw the dogs in and check out some WMA's down there. Most of spots seemed more for deer hunters then bird hunters. A lot of woods. I did find a couple spots that were improved my PF. Super gnarly cover but I did manage 2 birds. Jumped 5 roosters and 4 hens. You could tell the spots had been pounded.

Heading over by River Falls Wisconsin Sunday where a co worker has access to 600 acres. He says he put up 15 roosters last weekend. We'll see. Close by anyway.

With a return trip to SD and two weekends of deer hunting in Wisconsin it's looking like I'll only get to hunt MN in December. Well that's my favorite time anyway.

This looks to my yellow labs last season. She has been by far my best dog out of the 8 I've owned.

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun season. Look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

Hope you enjoy that yellow dog to the fullest, always tough to see those old warriors go downhill. I am hoping to get out for the first time on Saturday. Spent 10 days elk hunting in CO, that burnt up my pheasant hunting time. Hopefully there are some birds in MN because SD might not happen until December.

Back