Think Snow!

Dewey

I really can't believe that I'm saying that, but I'd sure like to see some snow and colder temps for a few weeks to get the birds in the heavy cover and holding better.

After January 8th, I'll probably stop thinking such thoughts.

Last edited:
Dewey I agree with you 110%. We tried every different move in the book hunting the last 7 days in a row. Wow... to hunt these birds you need a pheasant army ready to hit them from all directions and be ready to run. Even worse, a lot of these birds are 2nd and 3rd year birds and just smart as hell. It isn't hunting, its hauling ass to the huntable area and jumping them.

Hey Guys... From what I saw last weekend the birds were bunched up good... It seemed if you saw one there was a hundred. We had a great combo hunt, filled our doe tags in the morning and filled with roosters after that.

12-9-06004.jpg

I was finally able to catch up to those runners with the snow.
mini-729596987107_0_ALB.jpg

Any snow

Hey Dewey,

Did you guys get any snow this last week... I was up near Brookings last weekend and it look like it was going snow any time... We got hit hard in CO.
2+ feet

I saw CO got pounded with the snow. MN we got a dusting. I am hoping the snow in SD will stick around and keep the birds in check so when we are out there next week they won't make our group look like rookies.

I'll have the video cam on hand at UGUIDE's place this next week. He's got some prime habitat and should be a good time. I have a ton of videos to post, I should be doing it in January sometime.

Hey Dewey,

Did you guys get any snow this last week... I was up near Brookings last weekend and it look like it was going snow any time... We got hit hard in CO.
2+ feet

There is snow west and south of Mitchell. I hunted Friday in about 4-5 inches of snow. The snow made hunting absolutely fantastic! The labs worked great and the birds held really tight. I even did my part with some good shooting yesterday. :D :D

Where was the snow a few weeks ago?

UGUIDE gave me this link that is very helpful about snow conditions.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nsa/

Last edited:
Back