They ruined em....

Hobie1026

All I wanted was a decent pair of jeans that I wouldn't destroy in 2 months. I finally found Carhartt double front loggers. Instead of 6 months I would get 3 years out of a pair. It was a match made in heaven. They're all I wear.

I finally wore the seat of my last pair. I ordered 3 new pairs. First new jeans in years. All excited. They hit my doorstep, I tear open the box excited liek a little boy on Christmas and WTH is this???!! I could tear the denim blowing my nose in 'em. I think I can see the light through them if I hold them up to the light on the ceiling. WHY??!!

I would have paid another $10 lousy bucks if you so desperately needed to keep the same level of denim quality up in those expensive Mexican factories where the label says they were made. This is garbage! They look like girls jeans! Might has well of embroidered little flowers on the butt! Carhartt thou hast forsaken me!!! :(

I'm sending them back and letting my butt hang out, I don't care what my GF says. They're cheap pieces of junk now. I should have stocked up when I had the chance. I loved those jeans. Another cherished memory crushed under the heavy foot of corporate greed and profit.... <sob>

Another cherished memory crushed under the heavy foot of corporate greed and profit.... <sob>

I feel your pain, everywhere you turn is cheap junk at high prices and a label that says made in (anywhere but America).

My brother bought 3 pair of carharts jeans said the same thing pure S##t. don't fit right and light. Sad part is someone in the company got a bonus for figuring out how to make them a pile of s##t.:mad:

I found a brand of jeans last year that I really like. Made in the USA, Schaefer Outfitters. I am not hard on jeans so can't vouch for durability but the fabric and workmanship is top notch.

I have this happen all the time and it really chaps my a$$, so I feel your pain. someone in the company found a way to save money on raw materials, so they went cheap, but they've lost at least one customer, more than likely many. In the long run they've cut their own throat. Having been a purchasing agent in corporate America, I've seen it first hand, the pressure to reduce costs and some taking shortcuts by going cheap. Causes all sorts of problems and it's their own damned fault.

I buy Chinos through LL Bean, basically because they fit, are good quality, reasonably priced and I HATE shopping for clothes. The last couple of orders it's been hit and miss as to what I'm getting for consistency. Good, then poor, then good again, which leads me to believe they've moved purchasing people around, had a good one, then poor, then replaced them with good again. One company I used to deal with moved their purchasing people every 6 months because they didn't want them developing relationships with their suppliers. The buyers were always having to prove themselves by reducing costs. Led to all sorts of nightmares due to inconsistency in purchased parts/raw materials.

Thanks for the background RR.These came from Cabelas. I know Wal-Mart will go to a brand and tell them if they want to sell their product in Wal Mart stores they have to make them to a specific price point. And then the manufacturer does whatever they have to to make that price point which means a reduction somewhere; either labor or material. Sometimes both.

Do you know if Cabelas swings the same kind of weight and deals on their suppliers? Meaning if I go somewhere else will I find a better quality of jean?

I think Levi jeans were the first jean company to go to crap. Used to be they were a great jean (20 plus yrs ago) now though they are cheap mexican or chinese mad crap.

I was looking through some clothing at a local feed store yesterday and 95 percent of the items I picked up weren't made in the USA.

WOW! Just checked out Shaefer line of stuff. Priced way out of my league. 60 to 80 dollars for a pair of jeans! Go look at the prices on there jackets and sticker shock will really set in.

Last edited:
Write Carhartt a letter and tell them exactly what you think. It WILL make a difference.

Back