The True rare gauge guns

onpoint

I have always had a want to get a 24 and 32 ga guns. I use to see a affordable priced O/U's in these gauges from time to time. I can't find anything anymore. Anybody had one of these rare gage guns or know where a inexpensive one may be a person could buy?

How about a 9mm garden gun?

I have always had a want to get a 24 and 32 ga guns. I use to see a affordable priced O/U's in these gauges from time to time. I can't find anything anymore. Anybody had one of these rare gage guns or know where a inexpensive one may be a person could buy?

They're around if you really want one, ammo too:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=86820

However, given the easy availability of 28 gauge and a good choice of ammo, I'd think you can do anything with a 28 that you can do with a 24 or 32.

In fact, if I had it all to do over again, I think I'd own only 28 ga guns. light and sweet for quail, plenty for clay targets, and 1 oz. loads which will kill pheasants and ducks.

The 24 is "almost" a 28, and the 32 is "almost" a .410.

But, if you want ti shoot something *different*, you can still find 14 ga and ammo for them. Not that they're any dofferent from a 16.

They're around if you really want one, ammo too:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=86820

However, given the easy availability of 28 gauge and a good choice of ammo, I'd think you can do anything with a 28 that you can do with a 24 or 32.

In fact, if I had it all to do over again, I think I'd own only 28 ga guns. light and sweet for quail, plenty for clay targets, and 1 oz. loads which will kill pheasants and ducks.

The 24 is "almost" a 28, and the 32 is "almost" a .410.

But, if you want ti shoot something *different*, you can still find 14 ga and ammo for them. Not that they're any dofferent from a 16.

I have 10's, 12's, 16's, 20's 28 and 410. I just like not your everyday stuff. I would like to have one of EVERY gauge. Fioochi makes shells for most all of them. Years ago, I could have bought several 9mm's. How about a Marlin smooth bore 22 garden gun? Wish I had one of them also

I nearly bought a gun you would love.

We were in France a couple years ago and went to a large flea market. While the wife was looking at antiques and the like, I wandered into a gun shop. There was a nice looking SxS in the rack, and I asked to see it. It looked to be a well made gun, and obviously had been used very little. It was a Rhouby, 16 ga. I'll digress to tell you that Rhouby is a well-known French maker of appliances - vacuums and such.

Turns out that about 30 years ago, Rhouby contracted with FN to build some very special shotguns.

No firing pins, this gun had electric igniters, powered by a battery under the butt plate. The seller had a near full box of electrically fired ammo with it.

He wanted $600. I asked about taking it back to the USA. "No problem", he said, "Just walk down the street with it, show it to Customs, and take it back to the USA with you."

I didn't buy it, mostly because I didn't know whether I would ever be able to find any ammo, but I wish I had.

I've since looked, but have never been able to find another one. Guess it wasn't a big hit.

It would have been a cool gun to own.

Gonna start hunting dragonflies and butterflies in the garden like the British Victorian Gentry? You can still buy 9mm flobert ammo.

I got GSP's that love to point butterflies, just never thought about shoot'n them.:D

onpoint- not sure if they are legal or not but
Dad had a freind who had an 8 guage- I remember as a youngster when he handed me a shell- sure seemed big

Back