The Trip

mnmthunting

Banned
Well, The WY trip is history.
Got going a day early so, I stopped in MT for a bit of bird hunting.
Afternoon hunt. A fat young Sage Grouse along with the pheasants.
P1010033-8.jpg

Next morning.
P1010037-6.jpg

After 3 days Mulie hunting in WY, on the way back home.
More pheasant hunting.:)
P1010038-5.jpg

RD is 14 months, totally loves the hunt. She really does quite well.:cheers:
P1010046-7.jpg

Thanks for sharing those great pics. Can't wait to be able to roam around hunting birds everywhere like you do. Is there an emoticon for green w/ envy?

Great pics, I love that country

Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great trip/hunt:10sign:

Happy to see you have some success on your trip. Congrats on the fine shooting both with the gun and camera. Thank you for sharing.............Bob

Just got back from a combo MT hunt, been some HARD hunting :eek: for an old guy.
No elk no deer.:( And a very hard couple of pheasants.
I know where bucks and bulls are [most of the time] Saw some 22-24 inch mulies. all way downhill from the truck.[very hard pack out]
Been boning and backpacking for years.
You know what? Didn't feel like the looong pack this year.

jmac, same type thing in WY, but on the third day took a 4 pt just a half mile from the truck and a down hill 2 trip pack. :cool:

mnmthunting,

Good for you on the wyoming deer. I shure understand about the difficult pack out. Funny thing about getting older and hunting. You think about the work part of the hunt, before you shoot. :)

Boys you send a shiver down my spine with the thoughts of a fresh shot elk in blown down timber, 1000 yards downhill from the truck, usually with a cold drenching rain falling. last time for me was 25 years ago, it 2 pots of scalding coffee and a night in front of a roaring fireplace to feel like I wasn't freezing to death! Decided the thrill lasted a couple of minutes with big game, and the ordeal the better part of the day. Like those 4lb. pheasants, I can leave my caping knife, bone saw, and pack frame at home.

Back