The "Flush" wins Golden Moose award as best bird hunting show

onpoint

The "Flush wins best bird hunting show at the Golden Moose awards on the Outdoor Channel.

Congrats to Ron and crew

Not a big fan of the show. Repeat, repeat, repeat, mixing a little new in with the old. They don't show hardly any dog work. I don't know how you all hunt but I don't hunt like they do. Big groups and yell, yell, yell everytime a pheasant flushes drives me nuts. Just my .02 worth

Not a big fan of the show. Repeat, repeat, repeat, mixing a little new in with the old. They don't show hardly any dog work. I don't know how you all hunt but I don't hunt like they do. Big groups and yell, yell, yell everytime a pheasant flushes drives me nuts. Just my .02 worth

+1. I always autotune the show and turn it off halfway through.

I didn't care for it much since it showed a lot of previously aired material. Oh how I miss American Gun Dog.

I really can't believe what I'm hearing

We have very little quality family entertainment this days on the TV. Then we have folks who choose to bash what we have.

I applaud any such programming that provides what the :"Flush" does. I think some are just taught to go negative on just about everything.

I posted a thread on a waterfowl site about the new Browning A5 3.5". 75% of the posters chose to run the gun down, never even laying their eye's on one. Sorry, but negativity is spreading like quack grass these days.

The show is decent, loved the devils gorge episode. Lets hope they step it up a little next season. I offered to host them on a wild Ca public land hunt for an episode but they didn't bite.:confused::D

I really can't believe what I'm hearing

We have very little quality family entertainment this days on the TV. Then we have folks who choose to bash what we have.

I applaud any such programming that provides what the :"Flush" does. I think some are just taught to go negative on just about everything.

I posted a thread on a waterfowl site about the new Browning A5 3.5". 75% of the posters chose to run the gun down, never even laying their eye's on one. Sorry, but negativity is spreading like quack grass these days.

This is where I learned.:D Sorry Op, you're right. I know a lot of my recent posts have been overly negative, I'm trying to be better.:thumbsup:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/18/t...x=1179201600&en=f058e59799358d61&ei=5070&_r=0

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Quail Hound

I come away from the "Flush" with far more then just the hunting. Ron narrates much more into the show. He talks about the tradition of hunting. About the surrounding habitat. The work of the land owner or PF chapter, that made the land their hunting what it is today. The time of year. The old time traditional celebration after the hunt. The meal. The story of the family who's land they are hunting. It's a whole story that one needs to take in. I truly enjoy the whole story. Otherwise, it's just killing.

As far as dogs in the show. Come on, Ron is a dog man...with his dog Raven. His son inlaw and daughter are dog people too.

I want to congratulate them all on a job well done.

It's not that I don't enjoy the show but when I saw that PF was doing a new show I wasn't expecting them to use parts from old episodes of Pheasants Forever TV.

Did you see the one about the factory in Sd that did all that habitat work on their lanf? I thought that was really cool.

I don't know about the"Flush" so much? I tune in during these cold months to some of the outdoor shows. Get a kick out of the guy sneaking on Elk, OR the guy up in a tree stand all painted up with a bow and the trophy buck, 10 yards away,:eek:
And the Camera crew getting a close up from 3-4 directions. :coolpics:

Did you see the one about the factory in Sd that did all that habitat work on their lanf? I thought that was really cool.

I believe that was a power company. I'll find the info on that one. I agree, a great episode

I like this episode of pheasant Forever TV

Show 5: "Pheasant Hunting Blues"
This week on Pheasants Forever Television: The Don Meyer Memorial, artist Bob Kruese and Amos Garret, a Canadian hunter with a musical history. Plus tips for your gun dog and improving your shotgun skills.

Amos is hunting with a old 97 Winchester on the prairies of Canada. I have to admit, it had something to do with me buying my 16ga 97 Winchester, along with my dad. For those of you who don't know who Amos Garret is. He did a famous guitar solo in the song Midnight at the oasis...Here is a link. He is the man in the middle. It was very interesting watching him shoot birds with his 97 Winchester on the Canadian prairies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXe-ZnhpNOQ

This is a good one, saving Grandma's place in north Dakota. along with a great story on Alberta Canda

http://blip.tv/ron-schara-productions/pheasants-forever-1128332

Last edited:
I enjoyed the new material, but I stopped recording it when I realized it was about one or two new epsiodes and the rest was 100% recycled from PF TV. Pretty disappointing.:eek:

Is that negative? Yes. Is it fair? Yes. It's like when you see that a product is "new and improved" but realize the only change is a smaller box for the same price.:(

I hope they get some new material next season, because I liked PF TV, and I agree that it is a good, clean, show I can watch with the family. In all fairness, the material is great, even though it is recycled. One of my favorite PF TV/ FLUSH hunts was the island hunting, where they went down the river in canoes and hopped out to bird hunt on the islands. That would be fun.

+1 Toad
Onpoint-I wasn't trying to be negative but I was truthfull. I like the show and support PF, respect what they do but don't call it a new show when it isn't.
I do wish they would show more dog work with different breeds once in awhile. Since Ron & family are big dog people then they need to step it up because I don't see it in their current shows.
The stories about family farms, traditions habitat ect. is great but I saw it on original PF show. Bring something new.
I could care less about what kind of meals the big lodges serve or riding around on big buses hunting in large groups. That kind of hunting with blockers all around and people walking 10' apart is "just killing" no matter what kind of wrapper you put around it. I wouldn't go on one of those rediculous group hunts for free at the best lodge anywhere. Can't stand it and I don't think most true hunters would enjoy it.
Show me a couple guys hunting with a couple dogs the way most of us in the real world do, to go with the stories of habitat ect and I'm in. It's not being negative it's my opinion.

I liked the show.:) At least the episodes I could watch. My sister-in-law deleted most of the shows at my in-laws place:(

Any show that hunts wild pheasants is good in my book.:thumbsup: The more wild pheasant video the better:cheers:

They had some good video of wild birds flushing, running, here and there close-ups of birds they shot. It's nice to soak in the beauty of those birds!

For me, there was just enough dog work. I tend to get board with watching dogs running through cover on T.V. Though it's gotta be better than watching someone sit in a deer blind or stand:rolleyes:

I didn't care for it much since it showed a lot of previously aired material. Oh how I miss American Gun Dog.

Now that was a show that truly captured the spirit of gun dogs. Really enjoyed that show.

The Hunting with Hank and Later Upland days with Dash and Dez series was also entertaining.

I also loved the Shotgun Journal with Bruce Scott and Marty Fischer.

It's a shame none of these are still in production. Alot of what makes these shows go is sponsorship money. Most of the gun companies who sponsor many of these shows have their own shows and to get a show on Outdoor channel requires quite a bit of money for production purposes, hence the sponsors.

Ron Schara Productions does a good job with producing these shows. Pheasants forever TV is fine. But I have to agree that to keep the viewers interest, your going to have to re-vamp the "Flush" show somewhat to make it more appealing, otherwise i'm afraid, it will become something you just pass over while channel surfing.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the new material, but I stopped recording it when I realized it was about one or two new epsiodes and the rest was 100% recycled from PF TV. Pretty disappointing.:eek:

Is that negative? Yes. Is it fair? Yes. It's like when you see that a product is "new and improved" but realize the only change is a smaller box for the same price.:(

I hope they get some new material next season, because I liked PF TV, and I agree that it is a good, clean, show I can watch with the family. In all fairness, the material is great, even though it is recycled. One of my favorite PF TV/ FLUSH hunts was the island hunting, where they went down the river in canoes and hopped out to bird hunt on the islands. That would be fun.

I completely agree. You'd be 6-10 minutes into the show and go, "waaait a minute...." at least it isn't like that other bird dog show where they hunt mostly pen-raised birds. The one with Scott as the host, can't believe I can't remember the name. I hate when a show does pen raised birds. Or they hunt with 50 guys and it's just a bunch of random yelling and shots going off in every direction. American Bird Dogs is the best ever. Great dogs, I don't think he did any pen raised hunts an it was about the DOGS. Such a great variety too.

Would that be Scott Linden and Wingshooting USA?

Not all of his shows are on preserves using pen raised birds. I've never seen pen raised Sharptails or Sage Grouse that i'm aware of. I get your point on pen raised not being very entertaining for the hard core bird hunter to watch on TV, although producing a show where the host visits all areas of the country, wild birds may not be present in enough numbers if at all to produce a show in the limited amount of time available.

Last edited:
is this show a version of "rooster tales" that aired this fall in the mpls-st paul area this fall? i don't have the outdoor channel, but rooster tales seemed to be 5 to 7 years old, had the episodes others had mentioned. i liked it, and would watch it again if it comes on.

Back