The F.N.G

COWAN

Hi, I'm the friggin new guy here. I call Central Utah home and I love Pheasant hunting. A lot. I have ran Labrador retrievers for18 years and now am the proud owner of my first Wirehair pointer. What a different world. I've had German shorthairs before but this Wirehair is an absolute athlete, and he's only 2 years old. This is going to be quite an experience

Joel

A wirehair!

Welcome to the cool kids' club:D J/k, I like all types of dogs, women, and trucks:p

You'll enjoy your wirehair I'm sure. Ours is the most gentle animal we've ever been around, but I would not describe him as a great athlete. When compared to our GSP, he's a slug. Now, compared to the typical "fat lab" that's frequently mentioned here, he's an athlete, but the GSP runs/works circles around him.

Do you stick around Utah for most of your trips or do you tend to venture out of state?

Anyway, welcome to the site:cheers:

Welcome to the forum. Do you hunt your Utah ruffed grouse and chukar partridge too? That wirehair should be deadly on those birds too. Tell us about your hunting ventures through the season.

Welcome to the cool kids' club:D J/k, I like all types of dogs, women, and trucks:p

You'll enjoy your wirehair I'm sure. Ours is the most gentle animal we've ever been around, but I would not describe him as a great athlete. When compared to our GSP, he's a slug. Now, compared to the typical "fat lab" that's frequently mentioned here, he's an athlete, but the GSP runs/works circles around him.

Do you stick around Utah for most of your trips or do you tend to venture out of state?

Anyway, welcome to the site:cheers:

Thanks for the welcome! Ya know I've never had a fat Labrador. Too much pheasant and chukar hunting I guess. And yes I do venture outside of Utah for pheasants. I'm preping for a trip out to the great state of Kansas, i guess around Colby area. I usually go to Garden city so this will be new territory for me. I'm stoked, I have been getting into the birds here in Utah but I guess I need a road trip.

Back