The Benelli Mod Squad

RK Special K

Pictures of modified Benelli

http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/pictures
[IMG]http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/pictures
[IMG]http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/pictures

Last edited:
Have downloaded the pictures in an Album and obtained the bb codes(although they seem truncated a bit). Any help on getting them to the thread?

I repeat, are these pictures currently in your album on this site?

Your missing some code on the end of each line. There should also be another [/IMG] tagged on the end of each.

Might be easier to just upload from your computer and then use the attachment icon when creating your post. It's the little paper clip icon at the top when creating a post.

If your still having problems I can post them for you if you would like. I would need you to email them to me though.

Last edited:
Here goes.

user2189_pic1786_1353106273.jpg

user2189_pic1784_1353106273.jpg

user2189_pic1785_1353106273.jpg

Thanks birdshooter and BrownDogsCan2

BDC2, how did you do it?

Is it just a matter of typing in ALL of the bb codes? I couldn't seem to see that last bit of the code in the box.

I also want to send 3 pictures of my VERY early H & K Benelli 12ga with a similar modification.

Pictured above is the Benelli Monty 20ga, 24" barrel, 5 shot. Mod weight = 4lbs, 7ozs.

I just copied them from your profile page into my own album. Uploaded to photobucket and then back to here. Honestly I don't know what your missing.

That is just too dang cool! I've shot some with the gun off my shoulder but only rarely on purpose. I do remember shooting the heads off of two of the three roosters I got one day by shooting quickly so in thick/quick settings your modification should be just the ticket. Good one!

Looks like an odd way to handicap ones self but it's still mostly a free country (assuming that's even legal to hunt with) so if it makes you happy go forth and kill birds.

Do you wear a bike helmet with spandex shorts while you ride the prairies with that boomstick?:rolleyes:

Yes, I know, it's kinda "extreme uplanding" but I certainly don't feel handicapped using them. It just fits my style of instictive reactive wingshooting. I can't describe how fun it is to carry a 4lb, 7oz gun(20ga) or this 12ga at 5lbs, 14ozs around all day. This barrel is 19.5" so it is legal, of course. This 12ga holds seven 3" shells so its ability to throw the flak is awesome. I would put these guns in the category of "upland assault". My brother is a Navy Seal. That's the term he gave them.

I respect everybody's different style of shooting. My Uncle's style was totally opposite from mine. He was one of the best pass shooters of roosters I have ever seen. At 75 years old he would calmly pick off 55mph high flyers almost at will with his heavy A5.

When I hunted without a dog nothing was sweeter than pass shooting a high flyer that somebody else's dog kicked up 1/4 mile away that they missed three times. If you can shoot your Benelli effectively by holding it between your legs it's all just your business and all good too.

Well, it gets about 3/4 of the way up from a port arms position. The stock peg recoils just under my armpit when I'm shooting and reacting "correctly". The 12ga can, at times, actually hit the lower part of my shoulder so I put the additional round pad on it. It kicks like a mule but the 20ga is really quite smooth. For weight and handling characteristics I like the 20ga but the 12ga has the firepower and ordinance delivery if you can cope with the rather stiff recoil.

I actually like the idea of a bike helmet and nylon "stretchies" to better glide thru thick ruffie tangles. Shed all the baggy hunting garb. I would also add some ski goggles.

I see no practical use of that in the hunting world. It offers nothing more then a spray and pray approach. IMO, even bordering on unsafe in the field. That's just my opinion.

They make AK-47's chambered for shotgun rounds. That might be better. You can see that on "Pawn Stars", to learn outdoor lore, from Chumley.

I wouldn't know what to think if I came across a guy hunting birds with that.:confused:

I wouldn't know what to think if I came across a guy hunting birds with that.:confused:

I think that's why the phrase,"Well, I'll be danged!" came into common usage.:)

I don't think it's inherently dangerous. It's all about how it's used. I don't hunt with a number of guys after hunting with them once and seeing how unsafe their gun handling was and they all had unmodified guns. Remember guns don't kill people, physics kills people.

Last edited:
My gosh, what's all the fuss about. It's just a shotgun. You load it, you fire it, and for me, it does the job.

The primary purpose of the modification is weight reduction. I see no reason to carry around any more weight than I have to. To me, a, shotgun is no more than a tool and I don't want to carry around a fine piece of furniture where I hunt. If you are hunting hard, your gun should have plenty of superficial scratches and dings on it. And I refuse to worry about it. A good tool should "take a lick'n and keep on tick'n".

Some guys spend more time protecting their fine Purdy furniture than actually really hunting with it. Nothing wrong with that if that's what someone enjoys. That, of course, is the other extreme. Most uplanders fall somewhere in between.

I take a lot of pleasure in trimming down what I consider most shotguns to be, expensive or not, - boat anchors.

Back