Sweet 16?

Looking to pick up an A5 Sweet Sixteen, never hunted with a 16 gauge before but hopefully I can get it by the time season rolls around.

I don't have my own dog, the one in my profile pic is my Dad's old G.W.P. and he has turned into a house dog, poor Sam is just too old. Going to be buying a membership @ a hunt club just so I can get in front of some birds.

Any particular load work best when you are chasing pheasant and quail in the new A5 Sweet?

If you are going to hunting pen raised birds at your club just buy some Federal 16 ga. 1 1/8 oz. of shot at 1.295 fps in the blue box. I'd recommend 6 shot for your purpose. These loads will also work well on wild birds. With the Federals you will also be getting purple hulls. Gotta shoot purple shells in a 16. :)

If you are going to hunting pen raised birds at your club just buy some Federal 16 ga. 1 1/8 oz. of shot at 1.295 fps in the blue box. I'd recommend 6 shot for your purpose. These loads will also work well on wild birds. With the Federals you will also be getting purple hulls. Gotta shoot purple shells in a 16. :)

Are those lead or steel?

Found an older Jap made S.S. A5, the newer ones just feel...cheap I guess (although at $1400 retail are certainly not).

Making me consider a fancy Montefeltro, or A5 Ultimate (can't seem to find them for sale regularly either) but that A5 just looks so cool, and the 16 gauge would be a lot of fun I'm thinking.

Decisions decisions.....

What web sites have you reviewed for the A5 16ga? Guns International seem to have the most used 20 and 16's...

Art's Gun Shop in MO. sells/inventories lots of used A5's and they are well known for their repair shop; Art used to work for Browning years ago.

What web sites have you reviewed for the A5 16ga? Guns International seem to have the most used 20 and 16's...

Art's Gun Shop in MO. sells/inventories lots of used A5's and they are well known for their repair shop; Art used to work for Browning years ago.

Jaqua's has a nice one I've been thinking about, older Jap model sweet 16.

Damn, just looked up their website. Plethora of guns to choose from!

Any leads on an A5 Ultimate if I choose to go that route?

I looked at this gun (Jaqua) 16 ga. Great price and fine looking gun. Do you know when it was mfg? Post 1954? has the auto load feature.

Don't think you are going to find a better deal!

I looked at this gun (Jaqua) 16 ga. Great price and fine looking gun. Do you know when it was mfg? Post 1954? has the auto load feature.

Don't think you are going to find a better deal!

That's what I was thinking. Hoping it's still available when the funds come around. Wondering how stiff the action is? Can't travel out there to test first.

Jaqua's has a nice one I've been thinking about, older Jap model sweet 16.

That Jap gun for $900 is a good deal, plus is has chokes. Bear in mind that the Jap Sweets were supposedly a little heavier guns than the Belgium made guns. Might want to check the weight of it with the seller.

And the Belgium Sweet with the solid rib will also be a tad heavier also but not enough to notice.

Jap gun mfg date - 1987. You do have an inspection period to evaluate the gun, according to their web site.

George sez it's a good deal...got to be!

I've had the itch to get sweet sixteen for the past few years. Not a huge fan of the way the new ones look machine pressed with no scroll work. I have an A-5 12 with a poly choke that was my fathers. I'm thinking of just looking for the perfect Belgium made Sweet anything else and I know I wouldn't be happy. Maybe I can convince the fiancé to get it for me...wishful thinking I know lol.

I just picked up a new Sweet Sixteen A5. Reviews have been very good and 5lb 13 oz on digital scale. Should be a great gun to carry when covering a lot of ground.

Back