SW Minnesota trail cam pics 1-18-2014Page two more pics

cnggack

Pheasant ant turkey pic are S600 the deer are P41's
This buck shed his antlers His leg looks bad but not infected .

This doe has a big growth in its chest area

This pic is the same rooster 15 seconds later with its waddle swelled red and horns popping out

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks Chuck!! can't believe the rooster has made it this long! Looks like the doe has had something grabbing her tail as well!!!:coolpics:

That IS a durable rooster. thanks, Chuck!

Great pictures as usual--love the snow covered deer. :10sign:

Chuck, when was the last time you saw these birds? Anything sightings the past couple of weeks?

Great pictures!! Thanks again for sharing.

Chuck, when was the last time you saw these birds? Anything sightings the past couple of weeks?

Thanks guys. The last time I was out there was Friday but they are there everyday even after food is gone they dig around trying to find leftovers. Have to check soon I,m sure its gone by now.

Thanks guys. The last time I was out there was Friday but they are there everyday even after food is gone they dig around trying to find leftovers. Have to check soon I,m sure its gone by now.

Do you have the cameras out still? Sorry to be bothering you but I'm just curious as to how they looking right now.

related to that bird - how does a crop work or whats its purpose other than for me to cut open and say Hmmmmmmm...look... corn

related to that bird - how does a crop work or whats its purpose other than for me to cut open and say Hmmmmmmm...look... corn
I've always thought the crop was just the place for the food to be stored before it makes it way into the gizzard to be ground up.

Not sure if that's right?

That's correct. From there it heads down to the gizzard to be ground up. This is why birds such as pheasants need grit/gravel in their diet; To aid in digestion.:)

Do you have the cameras out still? Sorry to be bothering you but I'm just curious as to how they looking right now.

The cams are still out but weather has been so miserable I have not been out there yet .cams should still be running if there is enough room on the card rabbits get 200 pics a night and sparrows and squirrels steal daytime pics 4 gig card hold 1200 pics

I have not seen a rooster with that much Blue on his back in a long time!!:coolpics::thumbsup:

Great pics:10sign::coolpics:

Thanks!

How do you suppose that rooster got injured?

If it wasn't a predator grabbing him, I'd guess he hit or ran into the point of something just right. Something with a speared end like a broken branch or even giant ragweed could do something like that.

That fox squirrel probably attacked, he's got that look in his eyes.

Seriously though I wouldn't be surprised if that was an injury caused by a shotgun. I've had the dogs run birds down that were just grazed and that's what the wound looked like.

Last edited:
Back