Sunday morning Dove hunt with my son

retrvrman

I was able to get my 14yr old son up and out of bed Sunday to go shoot some dove. We ended up with 6 dove....left late morning to get back and watch some football. Good time with him and my three labs....

Got home, cleaned the breasts then cooked them up with some bacon and jalapeno....on the grill :thumbsup:

Looking at heading to the high country before the month is up to chase some grouse....told my son we have about a 4hr or so drive and he wasn't to thrilled with that :eek:

I would post pics but I still can't get my photos from photobucket onto here....
and the upload for this site always says "upload failed".
Greg

Last edited:
Good to see you getting some. How many did you see and how many times did you get to pull the trigger? I am having to live vicariously through you guy's for a while so When you get pic's I will try and walk you through the process. Good luck Greg.:cheers:

Congrats, sounds like a good day out with your son. Good luck uploading the pic's. Seems like you have been having problems with that for a while now.

Good to see you getting some. How many did you see and how many times did you get to pull the trigger? I am having to live vicariously through you guy's for a while so When you get pic's I will try and walk you through the process. Good luck Greg.:cheers:

Chad,
Thanks....I shot at least a box of shells. The flocks came in fast and some had 3 or 4 and some had a dozen or more. Colton wasn't quite ready for it....I told him it will gear him up for pheasant season :thumbsup:

The numbers weren't to bad, I was rather suprised that we saw some larger flocks.

I have the pics, now if you can help me step for step (you know how us Texans are) with photobucket, that would be cool. I hope you are feeling better.

Colton and I may try and head up to the mountains this Saturday to chase some grouse....just not looking foward to the 4hr drive.

Greg

duv stuff

this morning i went to the brush area, kinda, very few birds, shot a few but not many, coulda been in the wrong spot or the rains washed them all south.

cheers

I went out this morning early and sat for awhile and saw no birds as it was drizzling so I loaded everything up and headed to the local diner for breakfast. I no longer than got on the road and I saw some flying toward where I had just left, anyway I head to the diner and I see small groups of them on the power lines so I think hurry and eat breakfast and head back. Finish eating and now it is starting to really rain, so I just head home, what the heck right.:)

Retrvrman:

Let your son up load the pictures. It seems they are more in-tune with the IT stuff. You teach him to hunt he teaches you to operate electronics.

Retrvrman:

Let your son up load the pictures. It seems they are more in-tune with the IT stuff. You teach him to hunt he teaches you to operate electronics.

Roger that....will do...are you going to the Rooster roundup this year?

Greg

Yes and No.

I plan on buying in but will probably not go opening weekend. My wife has scheduled me to work a Charity event that weekend so I thought I should collect as many fun tickets as possible. I really like the energy and excitement of opening day but really you only get one shot at a clean field then you just follow those that have walked it and it can get a little bit crazy with that amount of hunters. So I am thinking I would hunt that area on the Monday/Tuesday after the opener and maybe slide into Kansas as well.

Back