Stratton area Pheasants

jlmatthew

I spent all day yesterday in the Stratton area north of the interstate and bird numbers are way down! :(

Didnt see a whole lot of deer either which was my main reason for being out there. Anyone have any deer spots they want to share in GMU 109 dont be shy now

I am not gonna drink the Kool-Aid !!!!! LOL! Were all the crops out ( Corn) ? Those Deer out there just seem to show up out of nowhere! Hope you get a little weather to help you out!!!:cheers:

No, not all the corn was cut in the area, but even the farmers were commenting on the lack of birds this year.

The thing that struck me was we saw a fair (not a lot) number of birds running in the sand-sage type habitat??? The stuff I'm use to flushing Scaled Quail out of, not pheasants

Back from my deer hunt, and man did I find the birds!!! The numbers were way better than I expected, they've just adapted to the conditions and moved into different cover

2 things missing here! Did you get a Deer? The other, is the Location of all that cover!!! Notice I didn't bring up Birds!!!LOL:D:D:D

Back