Stock Duplicator???

Larry Garroutte 918-906-2457 or 580-431-2020 Oklahoma
I don't know if Larry is still in business.....

Found Sho-me stocks in MO for the duplicate. They come pretty rough. Could not find a inletter/finisher that was not backed up a year or more. So I started it myself. It is coming along. Have to walk away for a few days here and there LOL. Very tedious venture. Wetted down a tad with water you can see the look pretty well. But it will really pop when I do my hand wet sanded rubbed oil finish. Once I get the butt fitted to the action, there will be alot of meat to sand off yet. Not an easy job. But, it will fit like a personal glove. (y) wood2.jpgWood.jpgwood1.jpgwood3.jpgwood4.jpg

Found Sho-me stocks in MO for the duplicate. They come pretty rough. Could not find a inletter/finisher that was not backed up a year or more. So I started it myself. It is coming along. Have to walk away for a few days here and there LOL. Very tedious venture. Wetted down a tad with water you can see the look pretty well. But it will really pop when I do my hand wet sanded rubbed oil finish. Once I get the butt fitted to the action, there will be alot of meat to sand off yet. Not an easy job. But, it will fit like a personal glove. (y) View attachment 3568View attachment 3569View attachment 3570View attachment 3571View attachment 3572
Keep it up man it looks awesome… we’ve got an old beretta 20 gauge in the family that has a broken buttstock and one day I will attemp this. Keep it up!

That’s looking amazing! I have a rough blank for a 20 ga single shot and I’m nervous about starting on that, I’d probably get some sort of nervous twitch working on a piece of wood like the one you’re doing.

As a young man thought I’d like to stock custom stocks for a living. I completed 2 rifles. Felt if I had been paid a wage for the time I took, I’d likely made 35 cents an hour 🙃🤪

Looks great FCSpringer! Shotgunworld is a great source to locate resources like checkering, etc. The Gunsmithing thread is very informative. Curious to know what oil finish you plan to use
I’ve recently used Timberluxe (my recently refinished SKB 1900 is shown on their Facebook page), Tru Oil, Laurel Mountain Forge, and Minwax Antique oil finish - all with fine results. If you’re considering Timberluxe, I’d be happy to send you a bottle -
Can’t wait to see your finished product! That wood is gorgeous!!

Not sure what oil yet. I like wet sanded in boiled linseed oil, but it takes a long time and work. Either that or true oil. Plus a little wax buffed on after. So I can wet sand any dings etc for years to come. I walked away from it for a bit. I will likely get back at it next week. I have the action about an 1/8th inch away from home plate now.

Back