Steve Anderson from Idaho

CClay

I have a feeling finding pheasant loads like Fiocchi 5 shot may be hard to find this year, My plan is to reload my own and I am looking for a recipe for 20 ga 2 3/4 and 3 inch.. 1250 to 1330 fps. If you have a tried and true recipe I would like to see it. Also I usually shoot 3inch but wonder if I would get the same results with 2 3/4.. My son and I shoot Franchi and Beneli semi auto with improved modified. Most shots are around 30 yard with an occasional 40 to 50 yd.. Thanks in advance for any help..

I am hearing that reloading suppliers are just as difficult to obtain ... any one have any comments on that ?

I have not reloaded shotgun shells for some 40 years now. We did it in HS to save money on clay & dove loads. Fun too.

Shotgun shell components are way easier to find than handgun/rifle. Primers might be the hardest thing to find currently. Have found the powder locally and online for wads & shot. Hulls, if you don't have those, check at a local gun club first. I found some 20 gauge Fed 3" hulls at a small outfit from MN. I don't usually shoot or reload 20, so I won't post my recipe, as it it unproven in the field at this point. Been reloading my pheasant loads for years, the 60 roosters I harvested last year, thought they worked great!

Back