Spring has arrived in SD

UGUIDE

Just back from a recent trip to the farm and it is nice to see water in the sloughs and low areas like should be. I am seeing water in many places I have not seen water since spring of 2000. Lot of roosters out defending their spring mating territory, few fights, and of course numerous hens. I think the birds came through winter pretty good and we're staged for a good nesting season. I looked at several areas of the state and they show almost twice the amount of rainfall for month of March as is on average. Even the dry areas of Timberlake are getting good rain. This was not the case last year so we are in a different pattern at least. Always interesting to see what the year brings.

Here's some pics
DCP_0496.jpg

DCP_0486-1.jpg

DCP_0488.jpg

That would be a big "No Can Do" on the spring call I think UGuide.....Just woke to about an inch of the white stuff this AM with another 2-3 expected in SXF today, and up to 10 in Watertown!!!

Spring?

That would be a big "No Can Do" on the spring call I think UGuide.....Just woke to about an inch of the white stuff this AM with another 2-3 expected in SXF today, and up to 10 in Watertown!!!

I don't know what you are talking about P4E, we had "beautiful" weather for turkey opener in WI near Arcadia. Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

:confused:

DCP_0511.jpg

DCP_0514.jpg

DCP_0515.jpg

12" of snow Wed/Thurs.

Back