Sport Dog Ecaller range is bad

jmnhunter

I figured during some of my hunts this fall, my dog was just getting bull headed, but after doing some tests with my e caller, i realized why he wasnt exactly running back like he usually does. My sport dog caller, about 3-4 years old, has a range of about 25' vs the 1/2 mile advertised range. I charged both the remote and collar, the batteries last forever as the low battery light doesnt come on all that often.

anyone have experience with returning sport dog collars back for service? Obviously my 2 year warranty has expired but I was curious what I should expect

I am of no help other than to add I did not have good luck with my SD collar. I fortunately switched to DogTra, and if you look around in this forum you'll see nice things said by others about them.

Good luck.

I called and returned one within warranty once and they were good to deal with. Seems like I had another issue a couple of years later and they were going to replace or fix (can’t remember) for a decent price but it was a cheap collar anyway so I just purchased s new one on amazon.

For the money, I can’t complain about my Sportdog units. I’ve used and abused them. I do not like the electrical connection port though. Mine don’t hook up very well when I need to charge them.

Last edited:
Hi, I've had SD units in the past and have had nothing but bad luck with them. One thing or another goes haywire with them. That being said, their customer service is great, just not their products IMO. I have a Dogtra 2000 T&B I've had for over 10 years, not one problem, great unit, bigger than a SD, but much more reliable. I now have a Garmin Alpha, great unit also, again, no problems.

Just my 2c worth.

Good Luck!

Greg

Back