South Dakota Opener

Good Luck on Opener and Be Safe

To all the hunters heading out for the Opener! Good luck and please be safe. Thirty hunters had accidents while chasing pheasants last year in South Dakota. That is thirty too many. Good Luck. Take lots of photos to share with the forum.

I will be headed out on opening day to drive the Combine because there is so much crop left. I almost hope it rains so the beans will be to tuff to go. I might not make the opener this year. :mad:

Stopped at Cabela's in Mitchell yesterday on the way back from Pierre. Plenty of out-of-staters both towns. Enjoyed sharing, as my wife puts it, with several people from all over the country. One buch of "furiners" too, tho I could not understand them. They were not speaking Spanish.
It is difficult to describe the opener in SD. "EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR" is a gross understatement and it is as much about the anticipation and fraternity as anything else. It's bigger than Christmas or your first daughter's wedding(never had one), but maybe not as good as the arrival of a nice batch of pups. You should all try it once and go to a reasonably small town to get the full flavor. You'll be hooked tighter than a nitecrawler in a walleye gullet.
________
Transcare

Last edited:
I'll have to agree with you Uncle Buck. I was born and raised in Florida, but with my dad growing up in Watertown and family still througout the state, I've been coming here for 15 years now.

It's pretty much a given with my wife that I'm booking my fall trip. My team at work now know when the opener is everyear.

I am absolutely addicted, but more with the people and the beauty of the state!

Good luck everyone! I sure wish I could be out there stomp'n the fields. Things are going well in Rochester. I really think God has a plan for me to get out hunting this year. That's why there's so many crops in yet to save a number of birds for late season. With any luck, I'll be able to get out a few times toward the end of my treatments!

Good luck everyone! I sure wish I could be out there stomp'n the fields. Things are going well in Rochester. I really think God has a plan for me to get out hunting this year. That's why there's so many crops in yet to save a number of birds for late season. With any luck, I'll be able to get out a few times toward the end of my treatments!

atta boy Dewey keeping a positive outlook! May you be blessed with a left to right passing rooster and a great retrieve soon !:thumbsup:

Back