South Dakota Newbie

Swagdaddy

I fulfilled a dream by landing in SD today to hunt pheasant. I literally was dressed to hunt on the plane and hit the ground running.
I'm hunting solo with no dog. I started hunting at 1:30pm and ended up with two roosters on public land. I probably saw close to a 100 birds.
THIS STATE IS LEGIT!

That is great that you had a good first day! Congrats. keep us posted on how your trip goes.

That is awesome, hoping for continued success and post pics.....what to see how well you point....lol

Last edited:
I fulfilled a dream by landing in SD today to hunt pheasant. I literally was dressed to hunt on the plane and hit the ground running.
I'm hunting solo with no dog. I started hunting at 1:30pm and ended up with two roosters on public land. I probably saw close to a 100 birds.
THIS STATE IS LEGIT!
Glad to hear you had some immediate gratification!!!! I think the average guy hunting SD public land w/ no dog should be able to see 100 birds or so & shoot/recover at least 2 in a couple hours every time he hunts. And I say that 100% tongue-in-cheek. Have fun & shoot some more! ;)

Back