South Dakota Hunting?

taz_gerstman

Good day to all. I am new to this site and new to pheasant hunting. I have however partaken in a few "preserve" hunts here where I live but those should not even be allowed at least where I am from. I want to take my father in law on a good pheasant hunt. He used to hunt quail and had his own dogs way back. I am looking for a 100% wild pheasant hunt and everyone has told me the best place is South Dakota due to the population numbers. Finding a guide service is difficult because you don't know who to trust or really believe. I am not looking for some big roll out the carpet put me he debt forever hunt but a good family based, wild pheasant hunt. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for me? Thanks

Look at the featured outfitters on hunting directory page on this website. Give some of them a call you should find something that works for you

Save the Hassel & $$$ get SD public hunting land atlas mailed to u via SD game & fish... Better yet call a local biologist etc. Pick his mind a little b4 hand have a Lil info like wear golden triangle is in SD & what road counts say etc. Then ask good questions not just wear would y go hunt if u were me type questions they get thousands of them a season...

Find water food & thick cover in SD pheasant range & u will be fine...

If you want 100% wild birds, a family operation on an active family farm and some very good honest people give Eric Johannsen at Johannsen Farms Outfitting a call. They are not the cheapest but also not the most expensive.
http://johannsenfarms.com/

Tell him George from Watertown, SD sent you.

David 0311

Good day to all. I am new to this site and new to pheasant hunting. I have however partaken in a few "preserve" hunts here where I live but those should not even be allowed at least where I am from. I want to take my father in law on a good pheasant hunt. He used to hunt quail and had his own dogs way back. I am looking for a 100% wild pheasant hunt and everyone has told me the best place is South Dakota due to the population numbers. Finding a guide service is difficult because you don't know who to trust or really believe. I am not looking for some big roll out the carpet put me he debt forever hunt but a good family based, wild pheasant hunt. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for me? Thanks

I would recommend you give U-Guidea call-- believe he has some openings left from his post the other day--

Back