South Dakota Blizzard Video

UGUIDE

This is what happens when you are trapped inside a huntin' shack with nothing to do (not complaining).

I had never been in the heart of a South Dakota Blizzard and so determined to shoot some amatuer Jasques Cousteau documentary

Thursday I got tractor stuck 3 times trying to get out, plowed the road and made it worse (learned about wind and drifting issues) and so resigned to letting the storm runs its course.

Remebering I had better tread on the Case 930 I put on the duals and was able to get around a little better.

Eventually some bird footage was had and was amazing what popped out of seemingly drifted over food plots.

Here's the link to the video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3623450506039192462

Last edited:
Great footage! Just like in summer it's not the heat it's the humidity in winter it's not the snow it's the drifting! Although when you get a lot of heat or snow it doesn't really matter either. I like the shack set-up with the loft and exposed roof structure. I'm amazed at what popped out of the field as you drove through it.

Chris, the tractor footage was excellent!! I imagine it's not an uncommon sight to farmers in the pheasant belt but it was fun to see it on video.

JMB

Sometimes us hunters aren't privvy to what goes on in the field in Dec-Mar and it was very educational to be there since I too am a non-resident. Snow stroms are different in SD than in the Twin Cities. We don't get the wind in the cities. Good thing i was well stocked!:cheers:

Great video, thanks for posting it!!!

I was stuck at our hunting cabin in Hand. CO. I didn't bring a camera and boy do I regret it now.

Not as much snow as they got to the East, but a ton of wind and about four hours of freezing rain :(. But it looks like our birds faired ok, make a quick run out there yesterday and didn't see any DOAs, and plenty of birds out in the food plot soaking up the sun..:thumbsup:

Chris, Nice vid bud. I was drinking a few beers tonight and I hear the Kenny Chesney cranking in the background... how fitting.

Hey, driving a tractor and filming video on your pheasant hunting land... that's got to be illegal.

Nice pics of the rooster by the tree. You really zoomed in on that hen..

:10sign: :cheers: :thumbsup: :eek:

Back