Something different...

Nick C

I'm new to this forum. I enjoy seeing pheasants, and hunting them occasionally.

I guess my first passion is trapping. Mainly mink and coyotes. I usually catch quite a few "non targets" such as raccoon, opposums, skunks, muskrats, beaver, badgers, etc.

Here are a few coyotes I caught this fall/winter.

Nick, nice photos. I got hooked on the outdoors running a trapline, best part for me was I was outside everymorning checking the line. You see some cool stuff when you are out there everyday rain, snow or shine. I haven't run a line in years but maybe someday...:rolleyes:

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I have never done any trapping except box traps around my chicken coop to keep the raccoons under control. But I've been watching North American Trapper on one of the outdoor channels and it seems pretty interesting.

Nice post! I've trapped since I was 12. I too enjoy the coyotes, but for some reason beavers have been my favorite. For some reason I can't get the site to take my JPEG pics.

Last edited:
Hub, Nick C clearly states above that he's a new user, takes the time to post photos to share with others and start a topic with a friendly discussion.

I took your post as negative. I was Nick C, I probably wouldn't post photos again because that comment you just made, or at least think about every photo/post in a way so others aren't critical.

I'm sure if any of us forum users posted photos of any sort, we all could nit pick. They are coyotes plain and simple.

Thank you Nick C for posting the photos.

Webguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, Nick C, and thanks for posting. Your photos are all beautiful and some poignant. As I read the above responses to your thread, I don't think anyone said anything disapproving, so don't feel unwelcome. Hang around, put up some more posts and photos, and see what's what. We're friendly.

Last edited:
Man I have to disagree. I have no problem with coyote hunting, or trapping either. The pictures of the caught yotes awaiting their fate, was a little unsettling for me also. I can look at a bunch of dead ones on the hood of a truck and it is no big deal. I have shot a few over the years myself.

Gee carp next it will be you feel sorry for killing a rooster cackling in front of you:D

Back